ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Biamp support.  (Read 2961 times)

Mike Shriner.Jr

Re: Biamp support.
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 12:33:02 AM »

^ Wow that link was me years ago... a blast from the past. We ended up using them for summer outdoor DJ events mostly - and with subs. They worked well for that application, and looked impressive because of their sheer size.

Once we started really pouring power through them the crossovers went fairly quickly. At that time Yorkville could fix them but it was expensive, so I bi-amped the cabs (which is what I would recommend Mike Shriner and which made them sound cleaner as well).

Also I wouldn't waste money on neo replacement drivers - just get ceramics. Those cabs are so heavy that the small savings in weight with neo is not going to help moving them.

Also be sure and brace them in the back if you're doing high energy events. They push over really easy if anyone happens to bump into them.
Sweet thank you so much man. Out of curiosity what power did you send to them? Im going to use their internal crossovers just to keep my nerves calm, and because i haven't pulled the trigger yet, for the next two shows. Then ill have about 3 weeks to get it done.

Buying a pair of ls1208's and a xti6002 kinda slowed me down financially, so did some cosmetic work on the boxes weathering the dry season.   
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwY580XA7r6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Biamp support.
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 12:33:02 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.