ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Sound: How To Ruin Your Mix – Part 2  (Read 2011 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Church Sound: How To Ruin Your Mix – Part 2
« on: September 24, 2018, 08:21:01 AM »

Getting past the fear of experimenting with effects and learning to add complimentary textures.
By Andrew Stone • September 24, 2018

Editor’s note: This is part 2 of a 3 part series.

If you listen very long to anything I’ve mixed, you may discover that I like using effects.

Over many years and through much trial and error, I’ve found that my mixes translate better to the listener with a fairly liberal amount of effects thrown in. (click here for a breakdown of some recent effects on a COTM weekend)

Allow me to lay this on you: I propose that you can ruin your mix quicker by not using effects than by using them.

Oh, I can hear the outcries even now as I step all over your sacred cow, but allow me to be clear: Most current live music can sound better with some well-placed reverb and delay scattered about. In my book, building and running a mix completely dry is one of the fastest ways to ruin it...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/church_sound_how_to_ruin_your_mix_-_part_2/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« on: September 24, 2018, 08:21:01 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.