ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: What impressive gear has been released recently?  (Read 14352 times)

Scott Bolt

Re: What impressive gear has been released recently?
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »

+1
Really nice package.

On the other end of the scale, the new Neutrik D-size speakon chassis connectors with screw type terminals.
No more soldering of speaker cables inside a rack during installation.
I had speak-on connectors for my passive rig back in the day.  They were ROCK solid and really a joy to work with.  Of course, the 12ga 100ft sub cables weighed a ton, as did the amp rack, but the connectors could simply not have been easier to use.

Ironically, despite the fact that I sold my passive speakers, I still have the cables ;)  I should look on e-bay and see if they are worth selling (considering the shipping cost).

Scott Bolt

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 01:36:28 PM »

On the over-all topic of a remote mixing platform, Behringer kind-of-sort-of has one, but it isn't that full featured.

The problem I can see with this design is that it will always be more expensive than having everything in one enclosure.  As someone pointed out, at the low end, the zero cost of a wireless tablet is hard to beat.  This leaves a small sliver of the market who demand a remote physical console, who also use stage boxes (at least in the lower price range).

Once you get into higher priced units, you are facing steep competition from dLive and others.

Still, it is a really neat idea.  I am just not sure what the "sell" would be over something like the Behringer current system which has a fairly simple physical remote interface, and for more complex adjustments, you can use a wireless tablet, or Ethernet connected PC.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »

The ui24 that I have to operate every now and then has an annoying preamp hiss that isn’t present when using the same gear with my xr18/x32.

Oh, and I’m quite impressed by the new Dante-avio adapters that Audinate recently released.

Where do you live?  I have a x32 and would love to compare to the UI24.  I'm in Boston.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 04:14:00 PM »

The DB Technologies Ingenia line has been out about 2-3 years now. Work very well and can be expanded to 2 a side.

http://www.dbtechnologies.com/en/products/ingenia/

Douglas R. Allen

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 08:26:21 PM »

So what you'd really like is a dLive DM0, with a DX168 (16X8 instead of 12X6) and an IP-6 remote surface with a C1500 desk (16 faders, not 12).  Close enough?

Yes.
Guess I just didn't see all those options when I looked at dlive after the earlier reply.
I've only had my X32 compact less than 1 year and now I want this instead.

Of course, now I fear what all that might cost so perhaps I also want a winning lotto ticket so I can afford it all for my band habit that will never be profitable.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

John Chiara

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 12:04:07 AM »

I'd love to see a wireless battery powered control surface maybe the size of an x32 producer that you could sit down on any table top in the venue and have an FOH position without having to run cables.

The logistics and extra labor of running my digital snake in most places I work is not worth the hassle and even when I deem it is tends to put FOH in a less than ideal location in order to avoid creating any tripping hazards. ( the non value added time taking measures to avoid them is labor I can't afford to pay)

If I can sit at a table with my iPad and run on battery power  for 6-8 hours surely someone can make a wireless control surface with a small screen that can do the same.

Given the amount of folks mixing on tablets there would have to be a huge market for something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the X-Touch fader control surface...2 iPads...wireless client router that connects to my main router on X32 rack...all running on my Black and Decker portable power supply.
Works awesome and changes the whole mixing flow. Cheap and efficient.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 03:34:43 AM »

I use the X-Touch fader control surface...2 iPads...wireless client router that connects to my main router on X32 rack...all running on my Black and Decker portable power supply.

Nice way of doing it.
I'm constantly tempted by the X32 ecosystem for the option of remote faders. With the recent price drop, its even more tempting. GAS strikes hard.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 08:09:03 AM »

This is probably the closest I can get to want I want. What wireless device are you using for the Xtouch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Art Nadelman

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 09:54:40 AM »

What Black & Decker power supply are you using?

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »

Yes.
Guess I just didn't see all those options when I looked at dlive after the earlier reply.
I've only had my X32 compact less than 1 year and now I want this instead.

Of course, now I fear what all that might cost so perhaps I also want a winning lotto ticket so I can afford it all for my band habit that will never be profitable.

Roughly $15,000

I understand where you're coming from. An X32 Compact without the I/O section or processing that you could connect wirelessly to an X32 Rack as a control surface.

I'd buy that for $750

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.