ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: What impressive gear has been released recently?  (Read 14563 times)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: What impressive gear has been released recently?
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 09:43:51 AM »

You mean the A&H dLive (or iLive, for that matter)?

-Russ

How many loungers can afford those systems and still make any money?  I think Behringer should be able to pull that off and keep the total system price ( full console and largest stagebox) under the price of the lowest priced dLive consoles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Scott Olewiler

• 4th Street Sound
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 09:57:22 AM »

I'd love to see a wireless battery powered control surface maybe the size of an x32 producer that you could sit down on any table top in the venue and have an FOH position without having to run cables.

The logistics and extra labor of running my digital snake in most places I work is not worth the hassle and even when I deem it is tends to put FOH in a less than ideal location in order to avoid creating any tripping hazards. ( the non value added time taking measures to avoid them is labor I can't afford to pay)

If I can sit at a table with my iPad and run on battery power  for 6-8 hours surely someone can make a wireless control surface with a small screen that can do the same.

Given the amount of folks mixing on tablets there would have to be a huge market for something like that.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 10:44:05 AM »

I'd love to see a wireless battery powered control surface maybe the size of an x32 producer that you could sit down on any table top in the venue and have an FOH position without having to run cables.

The logistics and extra labor of running my digital snake in most places I work is not worth the hassle and even when I deem it is tends to put FOH in a less than ideal location in order to avoid creating any tripping hazards. ( the non value added time taking measures to avoid them is labor I can't afford to pay)

If I can sit at a table with my iPad and run on battery power  for 6-8 hours surely someone can make a wireless control surface with a small screen that can do the same.

Given the amount of folks mixing on tablets there would have to be a huge market for something like that.

I know it isn't what you are asking for but I've added the Inergy Kodiak power units to my lines because of similar thinking. I tested one of these to run a pair of QSC K8 powered tops, mixer, dual deck CD,limiter & a small fan at high levels for almost 4 hours. I'm sure it would run a digital mixer and wireless router all night. They are super compact & weigh about 20 lbs.

https://inergytek.com/products/kodiak
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 10:48:30 AM »

How many loungers can afford those systems and still make any money?  I think Behringer should be able to pull that off and keep the total system price ( full console and largest stagebox) under the price of the lowest priced dLive consoles.

If Behringer built an X32 Surface, which could control the X32 Rack - it would cost more than a current X32 plus stage boxes.  For a brand that sells based on "cheap" - no go. 

If the goal is to have processing and I/O on stage, and remote control, keeping "cheap" in mind as primary - a "free" (no SKU to Behringer) IPad fits. 

The X32 started as a low cost version of the LS9 (roughly), where it could replace old analog Mackie and Yamaha CFX and similar mixers - without needing a digital snake. 

A&H was brilliant.  That type of system setup makes sense on many (not all) size systems.  They said it doesn't make sense for the tiny (IE 8ch) size systems, hence Qu-Pac and X32 Core/Rack and such with iPad.  It doesn't make sense for the small (IE 16-24) size as many still have analog snakes and cost is a big concern.  On the 32+ ch sizes - it makes sense.

Could Behringer make a lower cost "X32 remote" than DLive?  Of course.  Would it help them?  Only if it could scale up to, say, 64ch.  Otherwise it would compete and usually lose to their existing products.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 10:51:20 AM »

You and others have hit the nail on the head. What I'd like is a stage box like the DL 32 as an example. In it have all my M32r setup. Have a router out and aes50's out. Have a controller that looks much like me M32r but no in/outs other than talk back that can be used when aes50 is the connecting mode.  Good wifi built-in for those smaller shows that I normally use a tablet in the back of the room for. Small table in the back and go!

Douglas R. Allen

Art Nadelman

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 11:11:36 AM »

Yes, but with smaller options.
I guess it doesn't hurt to have 6 xlr in and 6 xlr out built into the control surface, but that just makes the unit cost more.
I want both a larger control surface that I use when I can, and a smaller control surface that I use when there is no room for the larger one. For the stage box part I typically don't need more than 12 inputs. I could get 2 of those and combine to have 24 when I might really need more, but alas, DLive has nothing smaller than 32 for the stage part.

If DLive really made what I want, it would be 2 control surfaces: 1 with 12 faders, and the other with 4 or 6 faders, plus a 12 in 6 out box on the stage, that could be combined when needed. (I would get 2 of those) (Plus the personal monitor mixers that they already have)

So what you'd really like is a dLive DM0, with a DX168 (16X8 instead of 12X6) and an IP-6 remote surface with a C1500 desk (16 faders, not 12).  Close enough?

Scott Olewiler

• 4th Street Sound
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »

So what you'd really like is a dLive DM0, with a DX168 (16X8 instead of 12X6) and an IP-6 remote surface with a C1500 desk (16 faders, not 12).  Close enough?
And what does all of that cost?

Scott Bolt

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 01:21:52 PM »

The KV2 Audio speakers are outstanding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sadly, here in the states I have yet to see or hear them.  It looks like they are priced up there with more pro touring gear (not that I would mind someone giving me a pair of MEYER UPA's ;) ).

Scott Bolt

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »

Where do you live?  I have a x32 and would love to compare to the UI24.  I'm in Boston.
I live in Michigan, Sean (who has the Ui 24) lives in Ohio.  I did recently visit Boston on vacation though.  Great city to spend a weekend.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »

In terms of sheer impressiveness, I think Powersoft's X8 has to be up there. 8x 5200w into 2ohm, pretty much any mains supply (single or 3-phase, any voltage), plus the rather nice processing. It's not cheap, but damn, it's a nice piece of kit.

Chris
Whoa!  Great features, tons of power, and quite a price tag!  I could see these being very popular in the pro touring arena though.  Size and weight really does matter guys ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.