ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: What impressive gear has been released recently?  (Read 14350 times)

Scott Bolt

Re: What impressive gear has been released recently?
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »

While I agree that optimal processing will be unlikely with unmatched speakers, I suspect that in most cases, it will still sound better than what most people would be able to come up with on their own with a dedicated DSP.

Also, I suspect that even within a family of speakers, the cross-over setup is optimized for only one of the family tops.  I seriously doubt that the cross over settings would ever be the same for a 10" top as it is for a 15" top (as an example).

I guess what I am saying is that the simplicity factor likely trumps the "perfect processing settings" factor for the lion's share of people using these products.

Personally, I had to learn these things when I had a passive system.  Now it is kinda nice just to plug XLR cables in and turn everything on :)

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2018, 01:41:31 AM »

That is a nice thing about the TurboSound iQ speakers. On the sub you tell it what tops you are using and on the tops you tell them what sub you are using. Within the family of course.

Also, I suspect that even within a family of speakers, the cross-over setup is optimized for only one of the family tops.  I seriously doubt that the cross over settings would ever be the same for a 10" top as it is for a 15" top (as an example).

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2018, 03:08:38 AM »

I would venture to guess that 98% of the people setting up this type of gear have no idea how to properly align it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wouldn't think the number of idiots is quite that high, but I suppose no one really knows.

On the other hand, if you don't know how to setup a DSP or at least dial in crossovers and system EQ, you shouldn't be charging people money to run their sound. (I don't mean you, I just mean anyone.) Are we paid professionals or not?
Member since 2005.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2018, 03:38:50 AM »

I wouldn't think the number of idiots is quite that high, but I suppose no one really knows.

On the other hand, if you don't know how to setup a DSP or at least dial in crossovers and system EQ, you shouldn't be charging people money to run their sound. (I don't mean you, I just mean anyone.) Are we paid professionals or not?

We are.
There are lots of people that own sound equipment that are not.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »

Just saw a new Fulcrum wedge. Anybody heard it?

Looks really good.

https://www.fulcrum-acoustic.com/assets/pdf/Spec%20Sheets/Prod%20Spec,%20FW15%20v1.pdf

John Schalk

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2018, 10:28:09 PM »

Just saw a new Fulcrum wedge. Anybody heard it?

Looks really good.

https://www.fulcrum-acoustic.com/assets/pdf/Spec%20Sheets/Prod%20Spec,%20FW15%20v1.pdf

I have not heard these, but I noticed that they are incorporating their passive cardioid technology into more of their products.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2018, 10:28:09 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.