ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: What impressive gear has been released recently?  (Read 14349 times)

Jonathan Betts

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Sound-and-Production/156817657745906
Re: What impressive gear has been released recently?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2018, 11:55:54 PM »

I’m continually impressed by the  Danley DNA 20k. We have been pounding the crap out of these amps for the last couple years. User friendly, high power, super stable at 2ohm loads, light weight, highly configurable and overall excellent build quality. You can run a decent sized rig off of one 20amp circuit!

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 12:49:31 PM »

I’m continually impressed by the  Danley DNA 20k. We have been pounding the crap out of these amps for the last couple years. User friendly, high power, super stable at 2ohm loads, light weight, highly configurable and overall excellent build quality. You can run a decent sized rig off of one 20amp circuit!

Not really Danley.  They are Linea Research amplifiers.  I don't know if any of the DSP is specialized and designed by Danley like the same amps are for some other manufacturers.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 01:31:30 PM »

Not really Danley.  They are Linea Research amplifiers.  I don't know if any of the DSP is specialized and designed by Danley like the same amps are for some other manufacturers.

Lee

I think Danley might have had influence in the design of the limiters, particularly the VX mode limiter that creates a 'virtual crossover' and two-way limiter.... great for using on top of a passive crossover.  I'm guessing influence simply based on Danley's use of passives
Maybe the Linea's sliding-freq xmax limiter had some design influence too ?...It's a great sub / low-end of driver, excursion limiter.

I'd also vote for the Linea  processing as being innovative.  In addition to the above mentioned limiters, their LIR crossovers which are essentially linear phase 24dB Linkwitz-Riley's , have really slick automatic time aligning implementation. No Danley influence here lol
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:38:26 PM by Mark Wilkinson »

Jonathan Betts

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 06:43:01 PM »

Lee

Their badge is on the amplifier so I would assume it is a Danley product. No?

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »

From what I understand (I don't work for Danley) the DNA products (amps and processors) are all made by Linea Research for Danley.  Check out this amp on Linea's website, look familiar?

Also you might recognize this one.

Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Jonathan Betts

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 07:03:16 PM »

I was fully aware of the Linea Research connection before purchasing  these amplifiers. Just wondering what everyone’s point is? If it makes you feel better I really like the DNA 20kpro.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »

Their badge is on the amplifier so I would assume it is a Danley product. No?

"Built by Linea Research for Danley Sound Labs" might be a better way to look at them.  They ship from DSL with Danley presets and support is an email or phone call away.  See next -

There is a reason to put the DSL badge on it:  reassurance for the institutional and governmental buyers who rightly insist on 100% integration of system components.  It's all guaranteed to work and play nice amongst the various DSL loudspeaker systems.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »

I agree, the DSL DNA/ Linea Research amp and dsp lineup are winners. And the people behind the product are first rate.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2018, 02:07:49 PM »

I was fully aware of the Linea Research connection before purchasing  these amplifiers. Just wondering what everyone’s point is? If it makes you feel better I really like the DNA 20kpro.

The only point was that, as a very impressive amplifier it is a Linea Research product, not a Danley product and I think Linea should get credit for that.  Linea OEM's for many other manufacturers and in at least some of those cases the actual DSP used is DSP developed by the OEM partner, in others it is Linea's DSP with manufacturer specific presets. 
Just trying to point out the origin of the amp, not take anything away from Danley's own products.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 02:50:05 PM »

Dang this topic has a lot of noise.

It's been mentioned but the most interesting product I've seen recently for my purposes is the DB IG4T. I haven't heard them but they seem to fit my niche very well. I'm often needing just a bit wider coverage than 80 or 90 degrees but not 160 or 180. Having a small speaker that can be doubled to provide additional output sounds like just the right fit. I'd be interested to hear how a stacked pair might hold up against an SM80 both in fidelity and output.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 02:50:05 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.