ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on using two x32 together.  (Read 2349 times)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Question on using two x32 together.
« on: September 28, 2018, 08:06:55 AM »

Currently using an x32 producer and one S16 side stage in a rack and remote mixing. Have all of my normally used outs coming from the stage box ( auxes and L/R ) and right now just the out for my front fills ( if needed) coming out of the mixer which is harder to access in the rack.

If I add a second mixer just for FOH is it possible to have 6 aux outputs on the stage box come from the monitor mixer and the other two come , as L/R, from the FOH mixer, and then have the front fills sent from FOH on of the outs on the monitor mixer or do I need to patch outputs in  blocks of 8 and use a second S16 (which I already have) for my mains and front fill outs?

A yes or no answer will suffice. If the answer is yes I can figure out how to do it. Just trying to quickly find out if I can do all my routing internally or if I need to also physically change it as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: Question on using two x32 together.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 08:25:26 AM »

Can't work out exactly what you're trying to do...

But outputs are patched in blocks of 4 (in comparison with inputs which are patched in blocks of 8)

So, if you're looking to use 8 from S16, 4 from stageside X32, 4 from FOH X32, then yes.

It does beg the question of why you wouldn't use both your S16s stageside with the X32 Producer for FOH, unless you were planning to get a different X32 model for FOH?

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »

Can't work out exactly what you're trying to do...

But outputs are patched in blocks of 4 (in comparison with inputs which are patched in blocks of 8)

So, if you're looking to use 8 from S16, 4 from stageside X32, 4 from FOH X32, then yes.

It does beg the question of why you wouldn't use both your S16s stageside with the X32 Producer for FOH, unless you were planning to get a different X32 model for FOH?

Thanks. Your answer creates a second question. With two mixers connected isn't the one stage side functioning as another stagebox as far as FOH is concerned? So in theory I could continue to send the 6 aux outs from the monitor mixer to the S16 and send the L/R from FOH to the currently unused outputs on the stage side mixer right?

The primary reason I don't want to use the Producer for FOH  is that most of time I will still be remote mixing and everything including 2 drop snakes that can just be pulled out and dropped is already patched in the rack. The extra effort to undo all that for just some gigs defeats the purpose of having it always patched.

Also want the ability to have a separate monitor mixer, and if I am not remote mixing I want scribble strips and more faders in front of me, as in full size x32 or an M32.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.