ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Integrators selling your product?  (Read 18134 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: Integrators selling your product?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »

Nathan
This is a new trend because of the MIX-U podcast guys did a show on "how to save your church money" that said you should alway's know what the dealer is paying for the items and they said they shouldn't pay over 10% for the equipment, and all 3 guys agreed.
The problem with this is those guys are doing multiple $500k+ projects every year, which at that point you have some negotiating power with a dealer. In the same podcast, they also said a dealer should fly them to Info-Comm or NAMM to get hands-on equipment without clearly specifying that can't be done for a 20k job.
We have done 3 bids since that podcast came out that requested we give them our price, to which we kindly say no our contract's do not allow us to do that. Two of them were ok with that answer and we supplied bids, one said not to give them a bid.

Holy hell, I listened to that podcast and about caused an accident driving I screamed so loud when they said that. He was literally saying he was working on a multimillion dollar project and wanted to give a term contract type of deal to the vendor. I think many of us would do cost +10% of promised millions. It was so out of context for their actual crowd and inappropriate for 99% of situations. That bummed me out because I think in general they have a lot of good things to say. Now we will have every 300 seat church with a $10k project budget wanting us to only make 10% and show them our books

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Integrators selling your product?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.