ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF SUB 9007-AS  (Read 9055 times)

Andrew Brubaker

• Reliquis Productions
RCF SUB 9007-AS
« on: October 01, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has had a chance to hear these subs yet and what their real world experience has been. Do they actually go as low as advertised? They have 25-120 listed as frequency response and 20-400 listed as the -3 response. I can't find a graph anywhere to see the visual representation of this. All I see are just manufacturer listed specs. Also, I'm guessing they are not going to be all that tight and punchy seeing as they are 21s but haven't been able to hear them for myself so I am interested in hearing from anyone who has. And any idea what the approximate street cost of these will be?

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: RCF SUB 9007-AS
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 03:23:21 PM »

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has had a chance to hear these subs yet and what their real world experience has been. Do they actually go as low as advertised? They have 25-120 listed as frequency response and 20-400 listed as the -3 response. I can't find a graph anywhere to see the visual representation of this. All I see are just manufacturer listed specs. Also, I'm guessing they are not going to be all that tight and punchy seeing as they are 21s but haven't been able to hear them for myself so I am interested in hearing from anyone who has. And any idea what the approximate street cost of these will be?
I have been using the TTS56A which is very similar. They do go deep but I have to admit I don't really like the sound.
They are basically front loaded reflex speakers and as such, may be contributing to out of band harmonic distortion. Just my opinion.
That said, the EDM crowd seems to like them a lot.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Miguel Angel Castro Rios

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:36:07 PM »

Hi all,

I've used the 8006, and it's one of my favorite subs. The presets and the analog delay are an amazing tool if used properly. There is no need to have 4 or 6 different signals going into the subs because of that dsp. I only send one sub signal and can do many different arrays.

For that price range, I would ask for a demo, take your mic and measure it.

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »

I have been using the TTS56A which is very similar. They do go deep but I have to admit I don't really like the sound.
They are basically front loaded reflex speakers and as such, may be contributing to out of band harmonic distortion. Just my opinion.
That said, the EDM crowd seems to like them a lot.

No, they are not similar at all. Unlike the V baffle on the tt's , the 9007 is a pure reflex. But 15mm plywood for a 2x21 inch?

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 05:18:09 PM »

No, they are not similar at all. Unlike the V baffle on the tt's , the 9007 is a pure reflex.
Well, in my mind, 2x18 flat front loaded reflex is much the same as a 2x18 V front loaded reflex when compared to band pass, folded horn, Tapped horn, (etc) design.
So I see "not similar at all" as a bit of an over statement.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 05:46:33 PM »

No, they are not similar at all. Unlike the V baffle on the tt's , the 9007 is a pure reflex. But 15mm plywood for a 2x21 inch?
Unless I am mistaken (and not understanding), the only advantage of a "V baffle", is a smaller front square footage area.

This allows you to get more drivers in a give front area.

However the tradeoff is no you have less overall cubic area inside the cabinet.

So either the cabinet needs to go taller or wider (to get the cubic area back) or be willing to accept a higher cutoff freq.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 06:23:16 PM »

Exactly, TT is to me a bit compromised box. So the 9007 will definitely sound different.

Andrew Brubaker

• Reliquis Productions
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »

Now that these have been out for a few years, what is the general consensus and thoughts on them? I have yet to have heard them myself but have heard the 8006. I'm curious how similar or not they are to each other.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »

I got to mix a show on the 9007-AS with TTL-6A tops. I wasn't as familiar with the board and load-in/set-up was a bit of a nightmare so I didn't get to play around as much as I had wanted to prior to doors/show.

That said, they sounded good and had very consistent coverage, even off-axis. Venue was a typical Midwestern "beer tent" with a wide stage. Tent was probably around 50x120, stage was around 32x24. Subs were placed on corners of the stage.

One sub per side, sitting vertically with the TTL6-A on top. Plenty of horsepower for the setting. Had about 600 people in the area. Cover band that plays mostly hair metal stuff. Kick drum was punchy, bass lines were clear. Didn't have any program material that went below around 35Hz so I can't comment on anything lower.

RCF is killing it with their 9xxx subs. I thought the 21" drivers might be a little sloppy, but the 9007-AS sounded great. I hope to work with them again - I'd love to spend time playing around with them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.