ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Generator stations in parrallel  (Read 1779 times)

Marchant

Generator stations in parrallel
« on: September 08, 2018, 12:57:30 PM »

Goodday

I hope someone can help me with this question:

We have recently commissioned a new 40 MW Diesel power station.  4 * 10 MW engines and Generators.
The generators are running clockwise.
There was an old generation station consisting of 7 Rolls Royce alternators at 5 MW each these generators runs anti clockwise.

The company of the new power station swapped two phases on the bus to rectify the rotation to match the old station. During commissioning we battled to phase the two stations in could not get one common spot.

I know that  the frequency of both stations as well as the voltages must match to get the phasing correct.

Can someone please help me to understand what I am missing please.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Generator stations in parrallel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »

Can someone please help me to understand what I am missing please.

Thur first thing you’re missing is to correct your display name to be your real name.  Do it quick and the moderators won’t lock your post.  You won’t get answers till you do that.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »

Welcome to the ProSoundWeb! You will find a vast library of knowledge here! Please note, however, that this site is aimed for at the professional audio industry. So, whereas someone might be able to help you, major power stations like that isn't our primary focus.

More importantly, though, are our Rules of Participation, and that your Display Name does need to be your Real, Full Name. Would you kindly pop back into your Profile and update your Display Name to reflect your Real, Full Name? (If your name is simply "Marchant," like "Cher" or "Sting" or "Cosmo," then you'll be asked to send verification of that to a moderator.)

Until you are in compliance with these Rules, we are not able to offer any responses to your question!

Thanks,

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.