ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Before & Between: Paying Attention Around The Edges Of The Show  (Read 834 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Before & Between: Paying Attention Around The Edges Of The Show
« on: September 07, 2018, 07:54:58 AM »

Before & Between: Paying Attention Around The Edges Of The Show
Appropriate musical choices played at the right levels before the show can subtly prepare an audience for the live music that will follow.
By Andy Coules • September 7, 2018

I imagine that many audience members give very little thought to the music that’s played before and between the bands at live gigs. To them it’s just part of the background noise while they wait for the main event, but it actually fulfills a number of important roles.

First, it’s there to get people in the right mood; careful and conducive musical choices can subtly prepare people for the live show that will follow. Nowhere is this more apparent than when the wrong music is played.

When I’m on tour with a band and we finish sound check, the next thing on my mind is usually getting a warm meal, so I’ve been known to walk away and leave the walk-in music to someone else (usually one of the house technicians). Many is the time when I’ve returned to the venue to discover the music being played is wholly inappropriate...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/before-between-paying-attention-around-the-edges-of-the-show/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.