ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 and Aux Outs  (Read 9479 times)

Jeremy Carroll

X32 and Aux Outs
« on: September 04, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »

new post. sorry if this has been addressed other places. I tried searching but had no luck.

Our church just installed the Behringer X32. I am at a total loss for how to get sound out of the aux outputs. We are going to come up with a different longterm solution, but I need to get a set of floor wedges set up for this Sunday from an aux out. I need some level of control as to what is coming out too.

I've read about routing a matrix, but I can't seem to make that happen (user error) either.

Basically all 16 of my XLR outs are being used and I have a 1/4" cable for floor monitors. They set it up to NOT use the "main" fader. If you have any ideas, please advise. Thank you!!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 12:37:50 PM »

new post.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

moishe zukerman

Re: X32 and Aux Outs
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:17:10 PM »

On the routing page one of the tabs are aux out. Those are the 6 1/4 inch outputs. If you want to route the matrix to it, just scroll to matrix.
To assign the mains to matrix, hit select in the LR and then sends on faders. Raise the matrix. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy Carroll

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 09:18:08 AM »

On the routing page one of the tabs are aux out. Those are the 6 1/4 inch outputs. If you want to route the matrix to it, just scroll to matrix.
To assign the mains to matrix, hit select in the LR and then sends on faders. Raise the matrix. Simple.

Thanks for the reply.

But I think I've just discovered that individual channels cannot be assigned to the matrix. Is that correct?

Also, sending the mains to the matrix won't work because we don't have anything routed there so this won't allow my to accomplish my goal.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 01:20:05 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

But I think I've just discovered that individual channels cannot be assigned to the matrix. Is that correct?

Also, sending the mains to the matrix won't work because we don't have anything routed there so this won't allow my to accomplish my goal.

I don't think you get the matrix.  They are like more LR busses.  You don't route to them you send to them. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Andrew Hollis

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »

I think I've just discovered that individual channels cannot be assigned to the matrix. Is that correct?

You can't send channels to matrix on most <$5k mixers, including this one.

You do not normally feed a wedge from a matrix. You feed wedges from an aux bus. You can easily do this in the routing/aux out page; assign the aux out source to the aux out destination. Then you just turn everything up.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 12:46:34 PM »

There may be ways to accomplish what you want but we would need a lot more information of what you are doing now. Are you using all of the Mix Bus sends? How are you using all 16 XLR outs? One of the easiest ways for us to figure some of this out would be if you could share a scene file from the X32 with us. Since this forum doesn’t seem to allow us to attach files here an option would be to post a link to a drop box somewhere with full access to that file. You could also go the X32 forum and post this question and your file there, if you haven’t done that already.  https://forum.musictribe.com/forumdisplay.php?80-BEHRINGER

And here are the instructions of how to post your scene there. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum

But if you aren’t a member there and you have 5 posts or less, I think your post would have to wait to be approved by a moderator.

There is also a utility that allows you to look at a lot of the layout of a scene at this link. It has come in handy for me. You might be able to run this utility and then copy and paste the results in a post here and we can maybe help you more with that.
https://lucaelin.github.io/scnplot/

Andy Deglado

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 06:23:41 PM »

Do yourself a favor and go search for Drew Brashler on YouTube. He has several very good videos on the x32.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 06:23:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.