ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 110v Recesed Lighting Controller  (Read 2305 times)

Austin Sharlow

110v Recesed Lighting Controller
« on: September 02, 2018, 12:37:34 PM »

Hi, I am trying to control my 110v recesed lights (white) that are for our regular lighting through a computer or controller. When we are having worship service we dim the lights and I want to have presets so we don’t have to go individually and turn each light down one by one.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: 110v Recesed Lighting Controller
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »

Hi Austin.  Are the lights hard-wired into your building?  If so, I would think you'll need to reach out to a local electrician to assist.  That way everything is done to proper building codes (for both electrical and fire). 

Austin Sharlow

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 04:26:25 PM »

Hi Austin.  Are the lights hard-wired into your building?  If so, I would think you'll need to reach out to a local electrician to assist.  That way everything is done to proper building codes (for both electrical and fire).

What module/computer program could I use?

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 04:35:49 PM »

What module/computer program could I use?

Again, it depends on how your lights/building is wired and what local code/AHJs permit for your type of venue. 

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »

If a simple remote keypad would be ok - push a button to dim, another to rail, maybe a Lutron Radio RA would work?

For your application you would only need a dimmer module to replace each dependent wall switch, a repeater unit and a table top keypad you could plug in wherever you needed it. It is pretty easy to program the scene you need.

For a low budget, you could buy on eBay which is what I did for my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Taylor Hall

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 09:29:46 AM »

You could go with a smart-home or keypad remote setup like Rob said so that you still get to use the wall switches in addition to your computer/app control. Or you could go whole-hog and install a DMX dimmer pack (or more depending on how many cans we're talking about) in the ceiling to control the lights in question. Note that you will need a DMX mixer or computer-based controller if you go that route along with a way to get DMX signal to it.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 04:08:02 PM »

It sounds like you have high voltage, non-dimmed lights currently.  If so, you'll need either to replace with DMX controlled LED lights (best option), or add a DMX controlled dimmer and a wall controller (shorter term option, highest long-term cost). 

Wall controllers - Doug Fleenor makes a simple one (Pre10A) that captures/fires DMX presets.  Pathway Vignette is much better but costs more and you'll need an AV company to provide/setup. 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 04:08:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.