ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Sound: The Cost Of Getting It Wrong  (Read 2027 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Church Sound: The Cost Of Getting It Wrong
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:55:02 AM »

A few years ago, Tim Cool from Visioneering posted a thought-provoking post of the same name (The Cost Of Getting It Wrong).

It’s very good, and I suggest you go read the whole thing. He asks several questions related to staffing, building and designing.

As I thought about what he wrote, one particular question resonated with me:

What will it cost to have the wrong audio and acoustics in your worship center? Again, this is not just the cost to fix the issue, but the frustration quotient and emotional capital. What are they worth?

This is one of the things I see churches missing regularly. How many churches have to build multi-million dollar buildings that sound terrible because they didn’t want to spend $20,000 on an acoustician? How many churches have installed hundreds of thousands of dollars of AVL gear that doesn’t work properly because they didn’t want to spend any money on design?

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/church_sound_the_cost_of_getting_it_wrong/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

Church Sound: The Cost Of Getting It Wrong
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:55:02 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.