ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get sound from your mains on a BehringX32 to TVs throughout the church?  (Read 4354 times)

Ean Boswell

Good evening everyone, I am running into an issue that I was wondering if anybody has any opinions on it.  How would I go about hooking up my Behringer X32 to a TV monitor in our atrium? We are trying to get sound in our atrium for those who are part of our greeting/welcome team so they can be out there to serve but at the same time be able to hear the message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB

Good evening everyone, I am running into an issue that I was wondering if anybody has any opinions on it.  How would I go about hooking up my Behringer X32 to a TV monitor in our atrium? We are trying to get sound in our atrium for those who are part of our greeting/welcome team so they can be out there to serve but at the same time be able to hear the message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What sort of cabling do you have going to the TVs now?

Johannes Halvorsen

If the TVs gets their signal from an image mixer  this mixer ususally has an audio input. If you use a computer based solution you probably need some kind of soundcard with audio in (could be a built in or an external one). It is also possible to use an adapterbox to convert e.g. video over DVI and analog audio to hdmi.

...so in short: It depends.

Ean Boswell

What sort of cabling do you have going to the TVs now?

As of right now there is no canceling going to the tv.

Johannes Halvorsen

As of right now there is no canceling going to the tv.
So... Is this a new install, or are you using the TVs to show ...errr....TV...?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

I am assuming the TV has analog inputs (RCA jacks) and that you can map analog audio to whatever video input you are using?

If so just run a twisted pair cable to the TV.  CAT 5/6 will work fine.  Use a DI like the Radial Stagebug to convert the 600 Ohms to unbalanced.  Use one of the aux output on the board.

TV speakers suck, you may just want to install a powered speaker (same cabling).  Or if that aesthetic doesn't work a flush mount install speaker and a small amp close to the speakers (is there an IDF closet close by)?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB

Just a little caveat
 you usally need to time align the tv audio signal with the sanctuary sound .
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Ean Boswell

The tv has been there for a while with nothing going to it. Weird I know! All I’m trying to do is get the sermon audion on the tv where people can hear. So I will need the option to mute during the worship set and than I mute for the sermon. If that makes sense.

Ean Boswell

Or would it be easier to somehow just go directly from the pastors channel to the TV. That way when the Mike is on muted it’ll play in the sanctuary and through the TV at the same time.

Matthias McCready

Or would it be easier to somehow just go directly from the pastors channel to the TV. That way when the Mike is on muted it’ll play in the sanctuary and through the TV at the same time.

Lets separate the issues here:

1. Audio out of the board:

The X32 has 16 XLR outputs on the back of the console. To configure your output select the "routing" button to the right of the screen. Arrow over to the "analog out" tab. You can then patch an output, such as "output 4." This, of course, can be anything you want, it could be a direct out of the pastor's mic, or it could be a copy of your main feed.

I would recommend either a matrix or an aux for the output, this way you can mute and adjust the volume independent of the main mix/channel. You can also delay the send and EQ as is needed for the atrium speakers.

2. You need audio to get to the lobby.

There are many ways to do this, some of which have been suggested already. You may need to convert from XLR to something else (RCA, HDMI, ethernet etc). How this is done will depend on how you want to use audio in the Lobby.

3. Having audio in the lobby.

I would strongly advise against attempting to use TV speakers, they are not loud and they can sound horrifically bad. I am hesitant to make recommendations without understanding how large the space is, however here are a few suggestions.

A: A small powered PA speaker: Such as an a Yamaha DXR8. For most spaces, 1 or 2 of these would do the job. They would need to be fed an XLR signal and would require power.

B: Speaker Set with an amplifier. If it is a medium to small atrium perhaps get an inexpensive consumer stereo amplifier. This could effectively remain at FOH, and speaker wire (USE INSTALL GRADE!) would go to the speakers. For speakers you could check out OTD Speakers I have had good luck with these in the past. I have bought several pairs for small projects over the years, all have sounded quite good for the money.

The AP840 has a decent amount of low end for the size. The AP520's are fairly detailed for the price, I was quite impressed for $60.  The AP450's have zero low end, and are harsh sounding, however, they are also $30 and are much better than stock TV speakers ;D

Hope that helps
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.