ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead zone in front center - Boston Blue Hills Bank Pavilion  (Read 4052 times)

Jon Lippert

Re: Dead zone in front center - Boston Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »

Thanks everyone for their replies.  I do not believe there was ANY front fill in operation on this day.  Yes, the front arrays are quite wide of the front center seats and I'd imagine it could be tough to fill them from there without bleeding back onto the performers.  I've seen other acts at other venues fly a couple in the center, or set them up on or in front of the stage, but none of that happened  for Beck as far as I can tell.

I went with good seats a bit farther back (16th row) for David Byrne tonight so shouldn't be an issue. 

I like lobster but would always choose steak at that price if health wasn't a concern :)

I think Beck being mixed by Paul Hagar since Sully moved to RHCP.  He is a very good engineer.  But, in a venue of that size FOH engineer's have to rely on the system tech to make sure zones are still working as they should once the show starts.  It's very possible that during sound check it was fine, but maybe the reflection off the chairs or ground gave the impression of proper response but once the people showed up it was insufficient. 

Also, the front fill is usually off a separate send on the console, so there are instances where something can happen to that send once it leaves the console that the FOH engineer would not hear.

If you find yourself sitting in a zone that is not covered by the same array as the FOH engineer and you can't hear the vocals, go tell them.  Don't go tell them you think he should have used a different mic on the snare bottom, but I want to know if someone can't hear the words.  Not all system techs are as diligent as they should be when it comes to checking zones at then top of the show.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 03:26:12 PM »

Thanks everyone for their replies.  I do not believe there was ANY front fill in operation on this day.  Yes, the front arrays are quite wide of the front center seats and I'd imagine it could be tough to fill them from there without bleeding back onto the performers.  I've seen other acts at other venues fly a couple in the center, or set them up on or in front of the stage, but none of that happened  for Beck as far as I can tell.

I went with good seats a bit farther back (16th row) for David Byrne tonight so shouldn't be an issue. 

I like lobster but would always choose steak at that price if health wasn't a concern :)

Of course a black and blue bone in ribeye and a lobster tail is a great combo.

I wanted to catch David Byrne when he was in NY this Spring.  I was working in Jersey and was only an hour from Brooklyn.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 09:23:33 AM »

My favorite meal is a 32oz prime rib. You can have my lobsta tail.

It's summer now so the sea food up here is everywhere at good prices. Great Haddock, scallops, crab cakes, sword fish, clams, cod (some times), flounder, etc.. But I don't eat lobsta or shrimp.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Mike Lieman

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 03:31:26 AM »

My favorite meal is a 32oz prime rib. You can have my lobsta tail.

It's summer now so the sea food up here is everywhere at good prices. Great Haddock, scallops, crab cakes, sword fish, clams, cod (some times), flounder, etc.. But I don't eat lobsta or shrimp.

A great friend, now gone 6 years or so would take me to a place in Gloucester and explicitly warn people away from the lobster.  "You can get a lobster anywhere, go for the specials"...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 03:31:26 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.