ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADJ Galactic Star Linking Cables  (Read 3114 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
ADJ Galactic Star Linking Cables
« on: August 24, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »

Hi All,

So I managed to recently score a pair of ADJ Galactic Star Lasers on ebay.  Yes, the ones that were sold around 10 years ago and shoot little dots of red laser all over the place.  I'm as much a collector of vintage/rare units these days as I am a user, so don't judge me - these aren't for professional use.

Anyways, does anyone know which type of linking cable these use?  The manual just specifies a cable sold by ADJ, and I've already confirmed with ADJ Service that they no longer have the cable nor know what it was.  It's about the size of a PS/2 jack on a computer - much smaller than MIDI.  Any guesses?  Thanks!

-Jeff

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: ADJ Galactic Star Linking Cables
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 07:23:41 PM »

Might this be a 5 Pin Mini-DIN?

duane massey

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 12:50:07 AM »

Might find it as a CB mic connector?
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 01:10:03 AM »

Might find it as a CB mic connector?

I have a vague recollection of a similar question a couple of years ago.  Scott H. (I think) thought it looked like a connector that is used for airplane pilot's headsets.  But maybe I'm way off base in my memory. 
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 01:29:22 AM »

I have a vague recollection of a similar question a couple of years ago.  Scott H. (I think) thought it looked like a connector that is used for airplane pilot's headsets.  But maybe I'm way off base in my memory.

Thanks Mark.  I believe you're thinking of a question asked here, also by me regarding the connector on my 3M Peltor Headset that I wear when shooting pyro.  Scott was in fact correct with his aviation-based response and I've since bought the right part that I needed to get it working how I want.  I'm a glutton for oddball connectors!

I appreciate the input too Duane, though the connector appears to be much smaller than most 5-pin CBs I've been able to find.  Not to be answering my own question, but I think I called it right being a 5-Pin Mini DIN.  It looks right enough in the pictures that it warrants buying a cable to test.  Now if only such a cable was more common...  Thanks again!

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 01:39:57 AM »

Jeff, that's the thread I was thinking of. Of course, the connector in that thread looks entirely different than what you are looking for now, but I was trying!  (Or maybe what somebody said is that I'm very trying.). Best wishes in your search.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 01:42:07 AM »

Jeff, that's the thread I was thinking of. Of course, the connector in that thread looks entirely different than what you are looking for now, but I was trying!  (Or maybe what somebody said is that I'm very trying.). Best wishes in your search.

Hey, no worries.  I really appreciate it!

James Feenstra

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »

they almost look like svideo connections, but I think there's an extra pin in there. Same form factor though, so it may be a starting place?
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.