ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Coda audio rx40  (Read 4383 times)

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
Re: Coda audio rx40
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 12:05:52 PM »

Coda is the systems company associated with BMS, who makes the drivers. A lot of folks here, myself included, like BMS. I've been curious about Coda, too, but, as Tim says, you don't see it much (ever?) in the States. --Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 12:14:50 PM »

Coda is the systems company associated with BMS, who makes the drivers. A lot of folks here, myself included, like BMS. I've been curious about Coda, too, but, as Tim says, you don't see it much (ever?) in the States. --Frank

Coda had a demo room at infocomm this year.   First time I have seen them there.  It was exceptional.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

jamie ashton

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 05:38:12 PM »

Maybe he got bent about being asked to clarify his displayed name?  If not it appears he got treated well and received answers and advice to his previous posts.

Coda isn't an exceptionally popular brand here in the US.  Jamie might get more traction in the Blue Room forums.
actually it was a different account. I asked for advice regarding smaart amongst other things as i know what i want to achieve but struggle when it comes to understanding what im seeing, and was basically just told to go on a course and if I don't understand through Google search then I shouldn't be doing it at all.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 05:56:37 PM »

actually it was a different account. I asked for advice regarding smaart amongst other things as i know what i want to achieve but struggle when it comes to understanding what im seeing, and was basically just told to go on a course and if I don't understand through Google search then I shouldn't be doing it at all.
Jamie.  A Google search is hardly an academic pursuit.  SMAART is a complex tool and the results require careful interpretation.

The two classes are 2 weeks and that would scratch the surface.

I have 4 decades of electronic and systems engineering experience and self taught SMAART use is just scratching the surface.

Acoustic engineering is a complex subject,  no path to immediate gratification is available.  Trying to reengineer a system that a team of engineers designed is unlikely to yield acceptable results.

I seriously doubt the procesor settings are simple direct functions. 

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

jamie ashton

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 07:57:07 PM »

Jamie.  A Google search is hardly an academic pursuit.  SMAART is a complex tool and the results require careful interpretation.

The two classes are 2 weeks and that would scratch the surface.

I have 4 decades of electronic and systems engineering experience and self taught SMAART use is just scratching the surface.

Acoustic engineering is a complex subject,  no path to immediate gratification is available.  Trying to reengineer a system that a team of engineers designed is unlikely to yield acceptable results.

I seriously doubt the procesor settings are simple direct functions. 

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
I think you've misunderstood me. I was answering someone's comment regarding the response I had in the past on here. I don't intend to 're engineer the codas with smaart. I was asking for a bit more understanding of what I was seeing and posted screenshots of my ffts egg, and the response was basically we won't help you, you need to Google it, and if you can't understand from that then you shouldn't be doing it.
In regards to the codas, I have found one document that seems to give the presets for the rx40s but I'm a bit sceptical of it's authenticity. Basically it is crossing from the dual 12s at 809hz 18db Butterworth, and from the compression at 1.4k 18db Butterworth. 1 eq on the 12s, -4db at 500hz, and 2 eqs on the compression, -4db at 4k and +3db at 14k.  0.3ms delay on the 12s. If that's correct then there really isn't much going on in the controller. The controller for them was the analogue ac24, which was later replaced with the dc26 digital controller.

MikeHarris

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 04:45:13 AM »

Coda is developing a US presence..starting with Infocomm as noted earlier.
They have appointed reps & hired Jeff..formerly of VUE..to develop sales in US
I haven't heard them but am interested in learning more.
Any Coda product, including discontinued..that sounds good can serve as 'emissary' for the brand. You don't say where you are but if in US Jeff might be able to get the info you need.
A little goodwill can reap rewards.

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 06:15:09 PM »

Why are you skeptical about the presets?
Have you tried it yet? How does it sound to you?

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 08:39:08 PM »

Why are you skeptical about the presets?
Have you tried it yet? How does it sound to you?
I believe the OP is looking for the actual information to punch into a processor, not possessing the genuine Coda processor to use.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 08:39:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.