Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

EAW DSA Series Speaker Repair

(1/2) > >>

Nathan Riddle:
Looking for a repair shop to give an estimate on repairing the EAW DSA Series

http://eaw.com/portfolio-category/dsa-series/

Brian Bolly:

--- Quote from: Nathan Riddle on August 22, 2018, 03:58:12 pm ---Looking for a repair shop to give an estimate on repairing the EAW DSA Series

http://eaw.com/portfolio-category/dsa-series/

--- End quote ---

I think you may be out of luck.  If the factory isn't providing service, it's doubtful that any service centers would be either.  EAW Not Serviceable Models

Nathan Riddle:

--- Quote from: Brian Bolly on August 23, 2018, 06:47:25 am ---I think you may be out of luck.  If the factory isn't providing service, it's doubtful that any service centers would be either.  EAW Not Serviceable Models

--- End quote ---

Yeah, EAW is no help.

I was told by the client a competitor found someone who would come service it, but then never got back with the client.

So they called me.

They're open to a new system as their current one may/may not be serviceable...

Chris Grimshaw:
It might (might) be possible to find "close enough" replacement drivers. Are you feeling up to dismantling one of the cabs and measuring the working driver(s) to find replacements?

Chris

Nathan Riddle:

--- Quote from: Chris Grimshaw on September 25, 2018, 05:22:52 am ---It might (might) be possible to find "close enough" replacement drivers. Are you feeling up to dismantling one of the cabs and measuring the working driver(s) to find replacements?

Chris

--- End quote ---

I brought it home to do just that :)

I'm worried it is electronic. In which case I will just disable that amp/speaker pair and move on.

I lack the necessary skills & experience to repair an amp/dsp.

Once I go through it I will post up my data.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version