ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rack mixer  (Read 7531 times)

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
Re: Rack mixer
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »

That's really interesting with the device linking, I wonder if we'll see other rackmount mixers follow suit. If the UI24 had Dante or AES50 support that would almost be a no-brainer. I do like their app's workflow, and the idea of 48 inputs is certainly tantalizing, but trying to manage them all on a small screen might become challenging...
There are two RJ45 connections on the unit.  The cascade takes place with network connection.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »

There are two RJ45 connections on the unit.  The cascade takes place with network connection.

I understand that, but the UI24 itself has no onboard or expansion slot support for Dante or AES50, so you'd be relying on some sort of external Dante device and severely limiting your routing capabilities. Other rackmounts like the X32 Rack and DL32R have support for both protocols.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 11:02:25 AM »

I understand that, but the UI24 itself has no onboard or expansion slot support for Dante or AES50, so you'd be relying on some sort of external Dante device and severely limiting your routing capabilities. Other rackmounts like the X32 Rack and DL32R have support for both protocols.
That's the MAJOR impediment to my purchase of it..   no expansion capability.
When put up against the X32R, (IMHO) the Ui24R wins hands down in most areas - except expansion.
I can add SD8/16, S16/32, both local or remote and also run the P16M's from the X32.
Ui24R ??   #crickets

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 01:17:01 PM »

This is the Big D screen with V2 firmware on the Ui24R.  You can change views to inputs /Aux you name it with the push of a button.
You can run more then one screen to have all your views right there and run touchscreen.

Jon Brunskill

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2018, 06:47:49 AM »

I've just bought a ui24r, I feel like the UI is much better than the competition. . . .

But because I'm a sucker for punishment, I've also got a Behringer XR18 and a QU-SB coming for demo!

I'm going to do a gig with each over the next week or so and keep the one that I like the best. Should be fun

Steve Garris

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »

As a Mackie DL user I had pretty much decided on the DL32 as my upgrade path, but now this Ui 24 has me rethinking it. I've seen nothing but great reviews on this mixer, and the price is right. The iPad work flow seems very similar to what I'm used to which is a major point for me.

Mal Brown

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2018, 12:27:54 PM »

Soundcraft’s  Big D UI on a 22” touch screen driven by a mid range laptop(or Bríx or NUC) is way way cool.

IMHO...  Dante and aes/beu are kinda PRO features.  Primarily needed in mega tour/ mega venue settings.  Many of the Dante option cards I see are priced about like a Ui-24...  In my eyes the UI-24 r is ‘Pro-Sumer’ more oriented to those of us in Lab Lounge but handling gigs that go beyond the typical weekend warrior. As a sound company I see myself as a ‘tweener and the ui-24r feature set and expandability being dialed for me.

For me, if Soundcraft would implement a midi-option card - or a Madi option card for the internal daughter slot, that would be eminently more useful..  but that’s me.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:58:30 PM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2018, 02:43:56 PM »

Please see my post in the Power/Grounding section.
I love my UI, but beware of low voltage.
Get a good, functional UPS.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2018, 02:43:56 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 25 queries.