ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer Leopards with 900-LFC  (Read 1576 times)

Tom Harrison

Meyer Leopards with 900-LFC
« on: August 09, 2018, 01:40:43 PM »

Hi guys
Have any of you deployed 3-4 Leopard boxes per side flown with 2 900-LFC either on the ground or flown? Some ballrooms are only 21' high and the ground truss are about 12' high so I can't do 6 boxes per side. The rooms are about 100'x100'x21'. Seating about 600. Throw is about 80ft from the stage. How does this "dash" system sound? What are they doing in these Leopards that allows more directivity and less of lobe fingers? A pair of UPQ-2 (50x50) per side still doesn't have enough SPL and throw but would probably be better sonically. Thanks!

Matthias McCready

Re: Meyer Leopards with 900-LFC
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 04:52:30 PM »

I have not, but it might be worth contacting Meyer, from my understanding they are more than happy to help users design a good sounding deployment.
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 05:05:39 PM »

I've been to a couple of demos where they played a small stack of 3 Leopards and a single 900 sub. They sounded very good and got "oh my God" incredibly loud. I would think 4 Leopards and 2 900 subs per side would be more than enough for your normal ball room/corporate type events.

I have also heard bigger Leopard systems, usually 8 to 10 per side with two 900 subs used on numerous Broadway tours for large concert halls, and they were always some of the best sounding shows that we had. (Largely due to te fact that the touring techs had enough time to properly tune the system).

They have a pretty tight pattern control, so if you already have the UPQ-2s, you might put one on each side for outfills depending on what your coverage needs are.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:07:43 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 05:05:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.