ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need options for overlaying lyrics on video for overflow room  (Read 8161 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Need options for overlaying lyrics on video for overflow room
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 04:35:13 PM »

The newer ATEM models have scalers on the inputs and outputs, so that's less of a concern. We were able to seamlessly project multiple 4:3 and 16:9 sources without skipping a beat, though the Roland we settled on does that as well. Didn't screw with framerates at all, but we had a few decimators in our inventory already so we weren't worried.
Some do, some don't.  The 4K Studio Pro does; the Studio HD and Studio Pro HD don't, I believe.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 04:39:12 PM »

Some do, some don't.  The 4K Studio Pro does; the Studio HD and Studio Pro HD don't, I believe.

Yes.  After a bit of digging that's what i found as well.

I will say that this is the first switcher BMD has marketed that had format conversion, so that's a fairly cool thing...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 11:43:10 PM »

Thanks again all for the advice. I'm learning a lot.

I've most likely settled on the BMD ATEM Television Studio HD.

The plan is to use the program output for the lyrics-over-video overflow room feed and the aux out to mirror the computer lyrics input.

I read through that manual and compared it with the BMD ATEM Production Studio 4k. There seem to be a few features missing compared to the cheaper one above such as picture-in-picture ability but with the added 4k compatibility which I do not need. Everything else seems to be on-par.

Do you all have a recommendation between these models or is it a wash for my simple use case?

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 12:49:24 AM »

Thanks again all for the advice. I'm learning a lot.

I've most likely settled on the BMD ATEM Television Studio HD.

The plan is to use the program output for the lyrics-over-video overflow room feed and the aux out to mirror the computer lyrics input.

I read through that manual and compared it with the BMD ATEM Production Studio 4k. There seem to be a few features missing compared to the cheaper one above such as picture-in-picture ability but with the added 4k compatibility which I do not need. Everything else seems to be on-par.

Do you all have a recommendation between these models or is it a wash for my simple use case?

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but the HD model does not convert formats on its inputs so you may end up needing more hardware even with only two inputs if you go that route.  I have idea what the cost difference is so I do t really know which is the more economical choice.  I have used the 2/3 rack space unit, and found it easy to use and very flexible, so if it meets your needs, I think you’ll be happy with that as a choice.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 01:06:23 AM »

As has been discussed BMD hasn’t been so good about dealing with varying frame rates.  I remember reading that they had really crummy 1080i support on cameras or switchers too at one point.

I’d probably roll with the cheap unit then use decimator MD-HX units with their built in DUC to massage signals to the necessary format.  Hopefully you can set the ATEM signal format to be correct for your projector and then bring the camera in at the same settings.  Then if you need it different at the overflow location you just slap in a decimator there.  Take a look at your signal format needs though and decide off of that.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 01:06:23 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.