ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video wall panels that could withstand ball hits?  (Read 2875 times)

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
Video wall panels that could withstand ball hits?
« on: August 06, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »

My wife is a music teacher. She sometimes organizes and directs musical plays and evening concerts that are held in the school's multipurpose room. This room also doubles as a daytime gymnasium where basketball is played, among other activities.

She has been kicking around ideas about having a video wall installed, fed by a closed circuit camera, to benefit those back-row parents who can't always see the stage. However, before she even begins any grant writing, she had raised concerns, (and asked me,) about how to protect it.

- I think any sort of wire mesh cage would be too unsightly and obstructive.
- Depending on screen size, a plexiglass cover may be too heavy and unwieldy to hang.

Is there any sort of video wall panel built strong enough to withstand blows from basketballs and the likes? I would imagine that some children can be mischievous and destructive.
Member since 2005.

Cailen Waddell

Re: Video wall panels that could withstand ball hits?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »

Well the stuff from Daktronics is certainly designed to withstand balls... you will pay for it too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:17:11 AM »

My wife is a music teacher. She sometimes organizes and directs musical plays and evening concerts that are held in the school's multipurpose room. This room also doubles as a daytime gymnasium where basketball is played, among other activities.

She has been kicking around ideas about having a video wall installed, fed by a closed circuit camera, to benefit those back-row parents who can't always see the stage. However, before she even begins any grant writing, she had raised concerns, (and asked me,) about how to protect it.

- I think any sort of wire mesh cage would be too unsightly and obstructive.
- Depending on screen size, a plexiglass cover may be too heavy and unwieldy to hang.

Is there any sort of video wall panel built strong enough to withstand blows from basketballs and the likes? I would imagine that some children can be mischievous and destructive.
Video walls are around $1000/sq ft.  They get expensive REALLY FAST - a 12' x 7' screen could be $80,000.  I would look into a motorized screen and a projector in a cage.

Stephen Beatty

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 03:00:06 PM »

There are paints and other surfaces that can be applied to a wall that might be able to have balls bounced off of and not mar the surface to bad. And use a projector. If hanged from the ceiling the projector might need some protection too. Or just mount it on a cart to wheel in and out as needed.
 If they have enough area to put up a permanent video wall they might be able to do this.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 03:00:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.