ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about horn design  (Read 5460 times)

Mal Brown

Re: Question about horn design
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 01:37:56 PM »

Pic of one of the horns

Sweet!   I can see the mobile crowd lining up

Their semi’s that is..

;-)
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 08:33:12 AM »

Duane, is the designer the guy that built the Core audio cabinets? I can attest that those worked pretty well with a variety of drivers! lol I've run across several core systems being used for DJ rigs that are still pounding even after decades of club "maintenance". I've seen all sorts of crap woofers in these things. I know for a fact the triple 15 sub that is in the Jolly Fox in Huntsville had everything from 2225's all the way down to car audio subs.

I wish I had a warehouse somewhere that I could collect some of these weirdo club cabinets I've seen in my travels. Just for the S&G's.....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

duane massey

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 10:46:31 PM »

Tim, I built (or supervised the construction of) all of the Core Systems subs. All were based on a design from Rick Wheeler, from our family company, Amphion Sound Systems. I still build these from time to time. They were (and are) remarkably forgiving cabinets, in regards to the components that would work in them.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Peter Morris

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 01:18:48 AM »

In the design of a front-loaded horn (full-size, not vented or tapped horn) what part(s) of the design would be affected by the parameters of the chosen woofer?

The 2 things that impact the most on how a driver of a given size behaves in a horn is the moving mass and the motor strength or BL product. Have a look at Hornresp http://www.hornresp.net/

https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/36532-hornresp-dum-hmm-everyone.html

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 01:18:48 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.