ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help w/ RF Venue Vantage (Frequency Scanning)  (Read 3484 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Help w/ RF Venue Vantage (Frequency Scanning)
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 01:15:57 PM »

I know that DTV is - by far - the primary restriction on usable space, but by only doing 10 points per meg, it seems I'd seriously risk missing any other UHF wireless users on my event site, no?

It does seem like it may be a firmware issue with Vantage and the newest RF Explorer firmware.  I got Touchtone and with default RBW it shows full 470-608 no problem (wide view) ... reducing that down to 25 and it takes a full 8-10 seconds (about the same as Vantage) to scan 470-608 but does seem to do so accurately.

So I'm trying to revert to the previous firmware that Vantage supports, but of course the Mac installer doesn't work, and they don't offer the previous firmware for Windows (because Vantage is a Mac program and evidently the only program that needs older firmware).  Frustrating...

AFTER you have found a clear channel, the select you freqs and look at each one with a BW of 500kHc or a meg to really see if it is clear.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Justin Goodman

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 02:17:14 PM »

AFTER you have found a clear channel, the select you freqs and look at each one with a BW of 500kHc or a meg to really see if it is clear.

Thanks ... so the process would go like this then?:

1. Fire up WWB and load inventory (let's say 6 mics and 2 IEMs).  Exclude known DTV channels per Shure's database and have WWB calculate frequencies.

2. Get list of frequencies and fire up Vantage ... check each frequency at baseline (all tx off) +/- 0.5mhz to verify they really are clear.

3. Turn on transmitters one by one and continue to check remaining frequencies.

Does that seem reasonable?

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 11:33:54 PM »

Thanks ... so the process would go like this then?:

1. Fire up WWB and load inventory (let's say 6 mics and 2 IEMs).  Exclude known DTV channels per Shure's database and have WWB calculate frequencies.

2. Get list of frequencies and fire up Vantage ... check each frequency at baseline (all tx off) +/- 0.5mhz to verify they really are clear.

3. Turn on transmitters one by one and continue to check remaining frequencies.

Does that seem reasonable?

It's a great start then....

Step 4. War gaming...turn off the tx one at a time while looking at the corresponding  frequency on the SA to see if there are any intermod spurs from the other units.

See Pete's excellent guide to rf coordination on the Best Audio website. Lots of great tips.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 11:33:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.