ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Identify channels on unbranded LED batten  (Read 2582 times)

Arthur Clarke

Re: Identify channels on unbranded LED batten
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 04:34:57 am »

Man, this is one tough forum! ;D Real name now applied.

cheers
Art
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:55:30 am by Arthur Clarke »

Samuel Sjöbergsson

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 07:25:50 am »

Then I can say that for figuring out what channel do what the easiest way is most often to just patch up a bunch of dimmer on the lightingboard and test one and one but sadly I can't help much about the digital menu cause every make and sometimes every model has a different menu layout and different short names for the same stuff.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 07:28:43 am »

cheers
Art
Arthur Clarke?  Lol. May I call you John Grisham or Alfred Nobel instead?

Arthur Clarke

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 07:37:52 am »

Then I can say that for figuring out what channel do what the easiest way is most often to just patch up a bunch of dimmer on the lightingboard and test one and one but sadly I can't help much about the digital menu cause every make and sometimes every model has a different menu layout and different short names for the same stuff.

Cheers. I wasn't sure if this would work or not. I'm waiting on a few bits before I can actually hook them up though. Thanks for the reply.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 08:41:44 am »

cheers
Art

I'm rather burnt about this and would really rather just not help.

I have a completely unbranded LED batten, is there any way for me to work out which DMX channels do what?

I don't have a manual (i can't get one, don't know where they where bought from, or who owned them previously), but I'm assuming there must be a way for me to work out the channels?

It's an 8 x 3w RGB LED batten. It has been used professionally before (production stickers on the back). It also has a standard small 4 button digital menu on the back.

I can set it to 'Person' and then to Arc1 or Arc1+D. Am I correct in thinking these Arc settings are standard settings throughout all fixtures? Will Arc1+D always be 1-Dimmer, 2-R, 3-G, 4-B, or do these change from fixture to fixture?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Any help even with the digital menu would be great.

Mods, apologies if this is in the wrong place or been gone over many times before. Any directions would be great.

cheers
Snuffy

• Use features of the fixture to determine a theoretical max channel count.
  • RGB LED par makes me think a few differen't modes. Search through the menu if it gives any indication of a dmx mode.
  • RGB makes me think 3ch to 24+ch capable light.
  • Put fixture on dmx address 001
  • Use generic dimmer channels and test each channel individually.
  • If nothing happens put all the channels at 50% and hope the light comes on/moves/does something.
  • If nothing happens still then play with the levels until something does happen.
  • Once you have the light doing something, again go through each channel individually.

I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Arthur Clarke

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 08:58:27 am »

I'm rather burnt about this and would really rather just not help.

My sincere apologies, I didn't realise how seriously it was taken here. It wasn't my intention to upset anyone.

• Use features of the fixture to determine a theoretical max channel count.
  • RGB LED par makes me think a few differen't modes. Search through the menu if it gives any indication of a dmx mode.
  • RGB makes me think 3ch to 24+ch capable light.
  • Put fixture on dmx address 001
  • Use generic dimmer channels and test each channel individually.
  • If nothing happens put all the channels at 50% and hope the light comes on/moves/does something.
  • If nothing happens still then play with the levels until something does happen.
  • Once you have the light doing something, again go through each channel individually.

Thank you for the help and insight, it really is appreciated.

Regarding the 'DMX mode', it does give me Arc1 or Arc1+D as options. Are these a universal standard of DMX channels / addresses?

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 09:04:59 am »

My sincere apologies, I didn't realise how seriously it was taken here. It wasn't my intention to upset anyone.

Thank you for the help and insight, it really is appreciated.

Regarding the 'DMX mode', it does give me Arc1 or Arc1+D as options. Are these a universal standard of DMX channels / addresses?

Well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

We enforce real name because it establishes a more professional forum where people have to stand behind their word instead of being able to say whatever they like with no repercussions.

---

A quick google search of "Arc1" and "Arc1+D" gives me the following:

https://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/fixture_creator:tutorial:led_parcan:arc1_d

https://www.chauvetprofessional.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/COLORado_1_Tour_UM_Rev_02_WO.pdf

I'd venture those are the different dmx addressing schemes/modes.

D = Dimmer (master intensity)
Arc = RGB

Put it in Arc1 mode and test ch1 = red, ch2 = green, ch3 = blue
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Arthur Clarke

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 09:17:11 am »

A quick google search of "Arc1" and "Arc1+D" gives me the following:

https://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/fixture_creator:tutorial:led_parcan:arc1_d

https://www.chauvetprofessional.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/COLORado_1_Tour_UM_Rev_02_WO.pdf

I'd venture those are the different dmx addressing schemes/modes.

D = Dimmer (master intensity)
Arc = RGB

Put it in Arc1 mode and test ch1 = red, ch2 = green, ch3 = blue

Yeah, I got the same search results, had a read etc. but wasn't sure if they where an industry standard or the like. I'm not sure I can do much else now until I get them hooked up. I'll let you know how I get on as the info might be of interest to others in the future, and hopefully this will appear in search results etc.

Again, a big thank you to everyone for their help, it's really appreciated.

cheers
Art

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 09:47:40 am »

Will Arc1+D always be 1-Dimmer, 2-R, 3-G, 4-B, or do these change from fixture to fixture?

Sadly, they do change.
One company I occasionally freelance for has some LEDJ uplighters that use 1=R, 2=G, 3=B, 4=Dimmer for example.

Arthur Clarke

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 10:03:58 am »

Sadly, they do change.

I thought they might, thanks for the insight :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 10:03:58 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.