ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rack mixer  (Read 7631 times)

Anton Antonov

Re: Rack mixer
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 11:40:01 AM »

Tnx for replies!

Now I finally don`t understand what prefer :)

UI24 is nice for me, ipad remote is best and great that you can work with it without ipad (if forget it at home) from iphone, but seemed I need choose between x32 and qu. Will think again ...

BTW. What difference between QU-PAC and SB?
1) No manual control from rack
2) No AES
3) ...?

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »

I’d rather run home to get my ipad or borrow one than mixing on an iphone. The apps are free so they can be downloaded to any ios/android device.

In my x32-rack rack I’ve mounted a raspberry pi. Using this I can connect any hdmi/dvi capable monitor and control the mixer using a mouse or touchscreen.

In any case you should really consider to bring two tablets with you. I alway bring an ipad and a cheapish android tablet. It is easy to drop them and in a quick moment somebody might relieve you from your ipad.

Now I finally don`t understand what prefer :)

UI24 is nice for me, ipad remote is best and great that you can work with it without ipad (if forget it at home) from iphone, but seemed I need choose between x32 and qu. Will think again ...

Jay Marr

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 12:31:27 PM »

If you let the software be your guide, the Ui-24r is a very strong contender.  If you let Sound quality be your guide, the U-24r again is a very strong contender - I am hard pressed to hear a difference between my SI Exp3 and the Ui-24r...   At a street of about $800 the UI-24r is a real value proposition.

I like the way you've stated this.
I believe all the products mentioned rank high on the sound quality, therefore I would let the software be your guide.

I have downloaded every remote/control app on my iPad and I surf through them to see how the suit the way my brain works.
There is no perfect app for all, so it is really user preference.

I LOVE the X32 app....but don't like the Mackie DL app.  There are other users who say the exact opposite.

My first step would be to try the apps and see which ones you connect with.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 05:31:01 PM »

There is no perfect app for all, so it is really user preference.

I LOVE the X32 app....but don't like the Mackie DL app.  There are other users who say the exact opposite.

My first step would be to try the apps and see which ones you connect with.

I agree - this might be the determining factor.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Anton Antonov

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 08:44:16 AM »

Tnx to all, finally I found good price for ui24 and bought it :)

I tried all ipad remotes and Soundcraft is the best for me, what about additional stageboxes - found at facebook, in beta version they add possibility chain two ui24, so total you will have 2x(20XLR, 2RCA, 8AUX).

Richard Penrose

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 01:32:57 PM »

We all anticipate that there will be a rack mount A&H version of the SQ like the QU-Pac or QU-SB.

Yep really hoping that there will be an SQ-PAC!

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 02:18:10 PM »

I tried all ipad remotes and Soundcraft is the best for me, what about additional stageboxes - found at facebook, in beta version they add possibility chain two ui24, so total you will have 2x(20XLR, 2RCA, 8AUX).
The ability to chain two UI24s raises the potential value of this box quite a bit.

Previously it was like an XR18 on steroids - 4 more mic pres and the novel web based interface, but unexpandable.  Being able to join two together seamlessly gives the option of a 40 input mixer at a price competitve with an X32 rack & S16 - which still tops out at 32 mic pres.  I could never quite bring myself to love the UIs before (especially after the problems with the UI12/16), but this puts the UI24 in a whole new light...

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 02:47:39 PM »

I have a Ui24r and I love it.
Really a super work flow and a great tool.
You can record multitrack with it as well and put the unit in sound check mode and remix the multitrack recording.   Aux 1 and 2 can be used for Aux subs.  There is a HPF and LPF so you dont need an external xover.  You can assign Aux 1 and 2 to main output slider.  You can delay on just about everything.   Studer Revox mic preamps .  This unit sounds fantastic.
Also, I have first hand knowledge that the next firmware update coming very soon will enable you to cascade two UI24rs together.  This is in beta testing right now and it seems it is working very well.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 03:47:43 PM »

That's really interesting with the device linking, I wonder if we'll see other rackmount mixers follow suit. If the UI24 had Dante or AES50 support that would almost be a no-brainer. I do like their app's workflow, and the idea of 48 inputs is certainly tantalizing, but trying to manage them all on a small screen might become challenging...
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 05:55:45 PM »

Yep really hoping that there will be an SQ-PAC!

I don’t see why they won’t. I bet before Christmas. The software guys are trying to get 1.3 out which may have hooks for the SQ-PAC and therefore be a prerequisite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 05:55:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.