ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcheck tracks  (Read 1787 times)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Soundcheck tracks
« on: August 01, 2018, 03:40:11 AM »

Anyone know of a good source for some soundcheck tracks that can be used to identify that things are patched correctly?

Basically I'm looking for six tracks with a voice recording saying "track 1", "track  2" and so on.

I use two stereo streams + one mono today and soundcheck them by playing back a cue with three different songs. It works, but I wish to get rid of the occasional L/R crosspatch.

Johannes Halvorsen

Re: Soundcheck tracks
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:02:13 AM »

Isn't this something you could easily make yourself in e.g. Audacity...?

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »

I have a collection of multitracks from bands I've worked with and/or bought and/or free found on interwebz.

Just google "free multitrack"

One of my favorites:
http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

Sheffield labs test CD (or is it Focal JMLab CD) has some test tracks with voices for L/R/M channel audio. That's what I use to check the L/R patching is correct from source>ear.

Maybe that's what you're looking for?
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »

I am not sure I follow? Do you want to test that you have correctly patched the PA system? This to me is as simple as hard panning or sending the media to the desired buss/mix. If I have a stereo track I simply pan both to one side to confirm correct patch of the PA system. For monitor mixes and other things like side fills, center fills and delays, I just send a signal out and confirm.

I am not stuck on the whole " I play this song and I know it so well " that I can tune a PA to it mantra. If it sounds right it is right, doesn't matter what song it is or how well you know it. That being said I do listen to a variety of songs in which I am well aware of the genre and expected sonic content. Any modern pop song will pretty much give you a good idea of where you are sitting though. My feeling is that there is always an idea of what your favorite song should sound like. Familiar with it or not, it does not make your PA tunes any more consistent. If you really need consistency and bias confirmation, you have to resort to Smaart or some other tuning software.

I do agree that using a DAW such as Audacity or Reaper ( I LOVE Reaper !!!!! ) can pretty much allow you to make any track you wish and design it to do anything you need.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 02:11:54 PM »

It’s for a system playing back tracks on stage.

Sometimes local patchboys mess up even if everything is labelled and it’s a long run from FOH up to the stage on a festival.

Having some selv explaining tracks playing back would free up some time to focus on other things during changeovers.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 05:02:12 PM »

It’s for a system playing back tracks on stage.

Sometimes local patchboys mess up even if everything is labelled and it’s a long run from FOH up to the stage on a festival.

Having some selv explaining tracks playing back would free up some time to focus on other things during changeovers.

I've had to do similar things and i just made my own tracks using Reaper.

The nice thing about your own is that it can contain useful info like "This is Track one and it should be patched to Channel 7 and return from Monitor 4" and repeat.

It's also sometimes handy to just have a track that has obviously different things on different tracks so you can easily tell without listening to the content what should go where as well.

anyway, i've got a pretty good sampling of things like this i've had to make up over the last several years.  once you've made one, it's easy to make more.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 05:02:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.