ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Db Ingenia IG4T first run  (Read 17812 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: Db Ingenia IG4T first run
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 06:32:56 PM »

If you're out west, give me a shout and I can set up a demo for you.

[email protected]

Hi, I have for of the IG4T, these speakers are must have for any rental company, specially if you have a small company.

They sound awesome, and take less space in the van , easy to setup and uo to now (for me) almost unbreakable.  I have some jealous ETX-35P and SRX725 sitting in my warehouse, for almost three months now, because the IG4T get all the work.  I am trying to get some more info on the Ig3T, as I do a lot of salsa gigs and need some more woofs for the congas, timbales and low cowbells. I would like to know if using four IG3T ( two on top of each other), would b e able to replace some SRx-725 gigs (outside).

Ofcourse how I would love to get omy hands on some RCF  TTL-6A !!
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 06:42:26 PM »

How do the ig4t perform compared to a pro level 12 inch two way?

Renard Hurtado

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2018, 07:02:01 PM »

All I can tell you is that, doing f.i. a choir in a church, I prefer the IG4T compared to a Yamaha DSR-112, I prefer it over the ETX-3P, it is the thing for vocals.

What I really like about the IG4T, is I can use them outdoor (two over two), get them up in the air very easy (ultimate TS99B), put three Dbtech Sub18H per side and do  a live band for 1000 to 1500, with good coverage (wide).  The easiest thing to get out are the vocals, no problem at all, compared to when I use the JBl SRX-725

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 07:52:11 PM »

Are we taking into account that you can own 4x IG4T for about the same money as a single Meyer UPA or L 'Acoustics X12?

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Jon Dees

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2018, 09:49:29 PM »

Renard,

Are you connecting the IG4T's and mounting them on the TS99Bs? How high would you guess you get the top of the stack? Do you use sandbags or other ballast?

Thanks

All I can tell you is that, doing f.i. a choir in a church, I prefer the IG4T compared to a Yamaha DSR-112, I prefer it over the ETX-3P, it is the thing for vocals.

What I really like about the IG4T, is I can use them outdoor (two over two), get them up in the air very easy (ultimate TS99B), put three Dbtech Sub18H per side and do  a live band for 1000 to 1500, with good coverage (wide).  The easiest thing to get out are the vocals, no problem at all, compared to when I use the JBl SRX-725

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 06:09:19 AM »

To me a pro box would be in the $3000 to $4000 each range. In that price range you'll easily get 4 of the IG4T's for the same price as 2 boxes.  As much as I like my current pair I can't imagine how good 4 would sound. I'm going to stack mine up and give them a listen in the next few week. Not looking forward to it as I'm sure I may like it too much and may have to get another set.   The best thing is you can scale up/down as needed.  50 to 200 people just bring 2 tops and enough subs. 500 or so sit down moderate dancing in the park type shows as well.   1000 to 1200 plus bring 2 aside and again enough subs. I have seen many post where people are covering this amount and I don't doubt it.  Being able to scale up/down is the biggest asset to the line. That and the low weight/size factor.  They are tall enough that I can set my tripods at their lowest setting a put them up on them without any struggle and have enough height for the shows.

Douglas R. Allen

Renard Hurtado

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2018, 09:17:21 AM »

Are we taking into account that you can own 4x IG4T for about the same money as a single Meyer UPA or L 'Acoustics X12?

I have never heard the Meyer UPA or the L`Acoustic X12.  I imagine that one UPA is three times the price of a Yamaha DSr-112, if it sounds three times as good and three times as loud  I sincerely doubt it.

Considering that I think I would prefer doing a 1000 people gig in a park with two IG4T aside then with one UPA aside !

Peter Morris

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 09:57:25 AM »

They are up there with them; on the same page so to speak - the IG4T's are a really nice sounding speaker that goes quite loud - its probably best to compare them to something like L-Acoustics Syva.

L-Acoustics describe the X12 as "JACK OF ALL TRADES", the IG4T is not that, its designed for a specific application which it does very well.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:15:10 AM by Peter Morris »

Art Nadelman

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »

the IG4T is not that, its designed for a specific application which it does very well.

Just curious.  What application is that other than provide sound?

Art Nadelman

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2018, 11:06:19 AM »

You put 2 IG4T's on a tripod?  Is that safe?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2018, 11:06:19 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.