ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Db Ingenia IG4T first run  (Read 17826 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Db Ingenia IG4T first run
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »

3nd Picture

From the desk.  Mixed from a tablet.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »

I did this same show 3 years ago. Same band other than lead singer.  I remember the coverage issues with the EF500p's and how I had to push them.  I really liked what the IG4t's did in the same location.
Hoping both photo's will make it.

Douglas R. Allen

Edit:  3 years ago the band had amps on stage also. Now they don't and use IEM for all but the lead singer. This added even more requirements to the speakers. Things picked up after dark on both shows ;-)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:45:12 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 09:50:37 PM »

Doug do you find the wide vertical coverage (80'degress I think) limits longer distance throw?

ScottH

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 03:50:56 AM »

I still need to go meet up with my rep and run the 3 and the 4 side by side. The rub in making the decision is that the IG3T's, apparently have a bit more mid-bass than the IG4T's, not sure which is better. I've only heard the IG4T. Those sounded fantastic, especially at the price point.

IMO, the dB Tech Ingenia (also the RCF NXL-24 and 44) outperform any MI level 12" and 15" point source boxes. The column boxes get wider and smoother coverage and fantastic clarity and coherence. The Columns array well when stacked and the downward canted horns make covering the audience simple without having to tilt the loudspeaker, potentially causing unsafe loading on the stands.

I don't see any way that the point-source boxes are directly comparable in any reasonable manner other than that they happen to make some sound when you plug them in.

Hi Tim

So what did you end up with? IG4T or IG3T.

Douglas

Gig report updates? Have you used them without subs for acoustical type shows? And how is the mid/low end compared to the 15 tops? Keep us posted.

I'm curious how the 4T would perform (coverage and sound quality) vs dsr112, srx12/15 or srx835 in the 90hz and up.

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 05:26:18 AM »

Doug do you find the wide vertical coverage (80'degress I think) limits longer distance throw?

ScottH

ScottH (your full name?)  To me "throw" is more the current spl when leaving the box.  If a speaker is at 110 db's in front it follows the same rules as any other speaker once this spl leaves the box. The coverage is stated as 110 X 90 degrees. Horn is 20 degrees up, a spread out 70 degrees down. As with any speaker this varies with frequency. Some control in the horn range, less as the frequency drops. An average 15 and Horn box mostly have 90 X 45 stated coverage, at least in the horn range depending of frequency. The IG4T is listed as having 10 degrees more L/R and 90 degrees up/down. This may seem as a problem but the horns coverage in the up-straight out range has tighter L/R control where the down range is spread out more.  Think of the horns pattern as a triangle in shape. Wider on the bottom and tighter toward the top.

As far as control the 4 , 6.5 inch drivers would offer some pattern control due to the length of the line.  The 2 , 10 inch drivers of the IG3T may not offer the same pattern control.  The surface area of the 4 , 6.5 inch drivers are roughly 10 cubic inches more than a 12 inch driver. Sound wise these boxes sound less like a speaker box than any I have owned to date and I've gone through a boat load. I've said it before but I like the sound the boxes put out. More real? Less coloring of the input?  Does a 6.5 inch speaker have better transit response than a 15?  Not sure but what they do works.

Tim Hite ; There is a sound company in Canada just across the boarder from me with 8 of the IG3T's and they have nothing but great reviews.  I went with the IG4T's as weight and size was part of the decision. The IG4T's sound very good in the mid bass range. Not sure if I'd want or need more. I still wonder if the 4 , 6.5 inch drivers are giving me the sound I like and how they compare to the 3T's myself.  I do know I hated how the 3T's looked on tripods with the pole mount far in the back. Not a look I wanted or at least was used to seeing.  The greatest problem with owning a pair of the IG4T's I see is wanting to get another pair!

Any other questions are always welcome.

Douglas R. Allen

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 05:43:20 AM »

Yeah, I think it pattern control vs a bit more woof when deciding between the 4 and the 3. The weight I hadn't noticed but saving 20% isn't a bad deal, I'm not getting any younger. Can't beat the width of the 4T either.

I think my biggest issue is that I'm going to end up buying new powered subs to keep pace with the tops. Should be a huge improvement for my smaller shows, though. Loved the S30N when I heard it.

ScottH (your full name?)  To me "throw" is more the current spl when leaving the box.  If a speaker is at 110 db's in front it follows the same rules as any other speaker once this spl leaves the box. The coverage is stated as 110 X 90 degrees. Horn is 20 degrees up, a spread out 70 degrees down. As with any speaker this varies with frequency. Some control in the horn range, less as the frequency drops. An average 15 and Horn box mostly have 90 X 45 stated coverage, at least in the horn range depending of frequency. The IG4T is listed as having 10 degrees more L/R and 90 degrees up/down. This may seem as a problem but the horns coverage in the up-straight out range has tighter L/R control where the down range is spread out more.  Think of the horns pattern as a triangle in shape. Wider on the bottom and tighter toward the top.

As far as control the 4 , 6.5 inch drivers would offer some pattern control due to the length of the line.  The 2 , 10 inch drivers of the IG3T may not offer the same pattern control.  The surface area of the 4 , 6.5 inch drivers are roughly 10 cubic inches more than a 12 inch driver. Sound wise these boxes sound less like a speaker box than any I have owned to date and I've gone through a boat load. I've said it before but I like the sound the boxes put out. More real? Less coloring of the input?  Does a 6.5 inch speaker have better transit response than a 15?  Not sure but what they do works.

Tim Hite ; There is a sound company in Canada just across the boarder from me with 8 of the IG3T's and they have nothing but great reviews.  I went with the IG4T's as weight and size was part of the decision. The IG4T's sound very good in the mid bass range. Not sure if I'd want or need more. I still wonder if the 4 , 6.5 inch drivers are giving me the sound I like and how they compare to the 3T's myself.  I do know I hated how the 3T's looked on tripods with the pole mount far in the back. Not a look I wanted or at least was used to seeing.  The greatest problem with owning a pair of the IG4T's I see is wanting to get another pair!

Douglas R. Allen
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 08:19:24 PM »

Douglas R. Allen

Thanks for the info Doug.  I wasn't aware the HF horn was asymmetrical. 
My experience with column arrays such as the CBT series is a tight and sometimes adjustable, vertical pattern and wide horizontal pattern. Seems like the asymmetrical horn in your speaker accomplishes the same thing.  Interested peaked in these...especially noting the relatively low weight.

Scott (Hibbard)

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 05:24:01 AM »

Thanks for the info Doug.  I wasn't aware the HF horn was asymmetrical. 
My experience with column arrays such as the CBT series is a tight and sometimes adjustable, vertical pattern and wide horizontal pattern. Seems like the asymmetrical horn in your speaker accomplishes the same thing.  Interested peaked in these...especially noting the relatively low weight.

Scott (Hibbard)

If you haven't seen any of these yet. There are some user videos starting to show up as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhCYYAsTUd0

https://youtu.be/hLtAJHME_FI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_y9iCDypQ

Douglas R. Allen

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 09:00:01 AM »

If you haven't seen any of these yet. There are some user videos starting to show up as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhCYYAsTUd0

https://youtu.be/hLtAJHME_FI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_y9iCDypQ

Douglas R. Allen

Thanks again Doug!  Will certainly have a look/listen to these videos. Thanks again for the insights.  Strongly considering purchasing these and moving my FBT HiMaxx40a's to drum fill/monitor duties. 

Scott

Renard Hurtado

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 12:53:51 PM »

Hi, I have for of the IG4T, these speakers are must have for any rental company, specially if you have a small company.

They sound awesome, and take less space in the van , easy to setup and uo to now (for me) almost unbreakable.  I have some jealous ETX-35P and SRX725 sitting in my warehouse, for almost three months now, because the IG4T get all the work.  I am trying to get some more info on the Ig3T, as I do a lot of salsa gigs and need some more woofs for the congas, timbales and low cowbells. I would like to know if using four IG3T ( two on top of each other), would b e able to replace some SRx-725 gigs (outside).

Ofcourse how I would love to get omy hands on some RCF  TTL-6A !!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 12:53:51 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.