ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Db Ingenia IG4T first run  (Read 17996 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Db Ingenia IG4T first run
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »

Thanks Douglas! The IG series certainly have my interest. I'm not in a position to expand my inventory at the moment, but the IG's are going to be high on my list when I do. Easy one person transport and easy to scale are huge wins.

I really have had good luck and sound with mine. By far the easiest to put on a tripod and have good height from the get go. If you search IG4T here or search my name you should see more information. I compared mined to a 15 and horn here in a thread. Also there is a Db Technologies ES and Ingenia users group on Facebook with many users there.
Your welcome to contact me anytime and I should have some time on the IG2Ts here shortly and more time on the 4t's as well. After about a year with the 4t's they have been a great investment.

Kindest regards;
Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:56:27 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2019, 10:11:05 PM »

I really have had good luck and sound with mine. By far the easiest to put on a tripod and have good height from the get go. If you search IG4T here or search my name you should see more information. I compared mined to a 15 and horn here in a thread. Also there is a Db Technologies ES and Ingenia users group on Facebook with many users there.
Your welcome to contact me anytime and I should have some time on the IG2Ts here shortly and more time on the 4t's as well. After about a year with the 4t's they have been a great investment.

Kindest regards;
Douglas R. Allen

Thanks again Douglas! I will certainly take you up on that when I'm ready to make the move. New subs are probably next in order for me though.....but more gigs is what I really need LoL!

Cheers,
Mark

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2022, 05:07:06 PM »

In a couple of months, I will have had 4 years with my IG4T's. For those who may have been thinking of them I thought I'd give an update. I'm still having great luck with them and the IG2T's I have as well. I'd still recommend them if they fit what you need them for. Another show last Friday with 1 IG4T a side with 1 center fill IG2T and LS801pb subs. (With the stage height the band was fine with the center fill there) and used my M32R mixer side of stage with out front on a tablet. The band supplied the monitors. Everything from IEM to Kustom,EV,and Peavey floor monitors. Nice show with around 300 people. An easy job for the speakers.
 Just an update.

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 05:11:34 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2022, 07:59:20 PM »

Hey Douglas,
Thanks for the update after four years of use. I purchased a pair of IG4T based on your posts here at PSW. I purchased them mainly to be used for delays. I have used them several times as mains and have been very pleased with their performance, especially considering their size and weight.
How is your wife doing? I hope this note finds both of you doing well.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2022, 08:50:50 AM »

Hey Douglas,
Thanks for the update after four years of use. I purchased a pair of IG4T based on your posts here at PSW. I purchased them mainly to be used for delays. I have used them several times as mains and have been very pleased with their performance, especially considering their size and weight.
How is your wife doing? I hope this note finds both of you doing well.

Good to hear your having good luck with your IG4T's. They do make for a great multipurpose speaker. Carol and I are enjoying each day as best we can. Thank you for asking. I hope life is treating you and your family well also.

Kindest Regards;
   Douglas R. Allen

George Reiswig

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2022, 11:58:19 AM »

I bought a pair of these based partly on Doug’s reputation and recommendation. They replaced a pair of DSR112s for me.

Summer, I did several outdoor gigs, the largest covering about 600 people, with this pair over a set of JBL 618XLF subs centered. The subs could not keep up.  But outdoors in particular, the clarity, coverage angle, and interestingly the stereo separation of the IG4Ts really shone. Very, very easy to dial in great sound.

Sub upgraded to keep up.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2022, 06:24:32 PM »

I bought a pair of these based partly on Doug’s reputation and recommendation. They replaced a pair of DSR112s for me.

Summer, I did several outdoor gigs, the largest covering about 600 people, with this pair over a set of JBL 618XLF subs centered. The subs could not keep up.  But outdoors in particular, the clarity, coverage angle, and interestingly the stereo separation of the IG4Ts really shone. Very, very easy to dial in great sound.

Sub upgraded to keep up.

Thanks for sharing with everyone. Mine are still working great. No shows right now as the summer shows are done for the most part. I know I had another great summer with mine. Do post some pictures sometime if you get a chance.
This was during setup. I had both subs in the center to start but after testing I had better coverage with the subs this way. The tent really effected the bass in an odd way, so this was the solution. Very happy with the coverage and sound/spl with the Ingenia's. IG4Ts left and right with an IG2T in the center.

Thanks again;
 Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2023, 06:29:45 PM »

Update. I've had the IG4T's for 5 years now and a pair of IG2T for close to that long. No issues and still no reason to replace them. Did another outside show this weekend, around 250 to 300 people coming and going. Everything worked as it should. I still feel they are a good value for shows of this size.

Douglas R. Allen

This video was roughly 100 feet back from where the speakers were under the tent. The phone compressor and me turning the phone around causes the levels to go up and down along with the frequency response but for the most part with good quality headphones a person can make the band out. Really quite good overall for just a couple of speakers and subs with the sound coming from inside a tent. IG4T's L/R, Ls801pb subs and 1 IG2T in the center for fill.

Bandplaying

Jay Marr

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2023, 02:09:43 PM »

Video sounds great!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2023, 02:09:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.