ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Db Ingenia IG4T first run  (Read 17827 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Db Ingenia IG4T first run
« on: July 30, 2018, 05:21:07 AM »

Went out Saturday night for the first time with the Ingenia IG4T.  Been in this room many times and was able to do a general comparison to my EF500p's that I normally use there.
    I wasn't sure how they would compare to my normal tops but they were better all around. Better coverage, spl , and the sound clarity was much better in this room that has a high RT time. The even coverage was what impressed me the most. Vocal's panned to center didn't seem to come out of the speakers but formed a nice center image. Didn't really expect that.
    As a drop in replacement for a standard Mid/High box I was much more impressed overall than I thought I'd be. For a 40lb. Mid/High box I'd highly recommend them!

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Db Ingenia IG4T first run
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 05:21:41 AM »

Went out Saturday night for the first time with the Ingenia IG4T.  Been in this room many times and was able to do a general comparison to my EF500p's that I normally use there.
    I wasn't sure how they would compare to my normal tops but they were better all around. Better coverage, spl , and the sound clarity was much better in this room that has a high RT time. The even coverage was what impressed me the most. Vocal's panned to center didn't seem to come out of the speakers but formed a nice center image. Didn't really expect that.
    As a drop in replacement for a standard Mid/High box I was much more impressed overall than I thought I'd be. For a 40lb. Mid/High box I'd highly recommend them!

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 05:24:35 AM »

The speakers I was using before.

Douglas R. Allen

Jon Brunskill

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 08:20:50 PM »

Hi Douglas,

I'm seriously considering a pair of these. How do you find the 110 degrees horizontal coverage? I feel like it's a very wide pattern for indoor gigs, a lot of sound hitting the walls.

I'm primarily interested in these as they have a pretty big output on their own, are light and transportable by a one man crew like myself and are scaleable - which is not really possible with most of the affordable-ish powered boxes on the market.

Would love to hear your thoughts overall on these speakers 

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 04:57:10 AM »

Hi Douglas,

I'm seriously considering a pair of these. How do you find the 110 degrees horizontal coverage? I feel like it's a very wide pattern for indoor gigs, a lot of sound hitting the walls.

I'm primarily interested in these as they have a pretty big output on their own, are light and transportable by a one man crew like myself and are scaleable - which is not really possible with most of the affordable-ish powered boxes on the market.

Would love to hear your thoughts overall on these speakers

Jon;

I've been really impressed by these speakers.  I didn't buy them to replace my current tops. More to use when I didn't have to or want to drag out 90lb tops to do smaller shows. Now I find I can't think of a reason to bring my old mains out. I wanted the wider L/R coverage and really liked the idea of a 40lb box.
   I like you did worry about the wide coverage and how it may effect mains feedback in smaller rooms. I haven't found this to be a problem at all. If anything I found I could push up the mains ( in an empty room for testing ) more than I could before.  The room in the pictures above have a very high Reverb time and I thought I may have problems as far as intelligibility.  Instead the sound seemed more focused and even with the speaker to the right in the photo above about 3 feet or so away from a metal wall there was no problem with bounce.  My old tops that I used in this room many times had a 60X40 coverage pattern. The 4T's sounded much better in the room.
   For me its the overall sound of the box. How well the horn works as far as its coverage angles and the smoothness of the box overall. Yes and it gets plenty loud too.
   I've a small 2 person acoustic show outside this weekend and if I have enough time I may do a single stack for a test just to see how that sounds. Couple of 2 night shows after. I'll have some more time with them then.

I am glad I bought them. Much better than I expected. Again I wasn't looking to replace my old mains. Now I'm thinking of selling the old mains to pick up another pair of 4T's..

Douglas R. Allen 

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 12:32:45 AM »

Nice. I'm currently waffling back and forth between the IG4T and IG3T. . .but ready to pul the trigger and ditch my 12" tops

Jon;

I've been really impressed by these speakers. . . .
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:35:39 AM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »

Nice. I'm currently waffling back and forth between the IG4T and IG3T. . .but ready to pul the trigger and ditch my 12" tops

Hi Tim

So what did you end up with? IG4T or IG3T.

Douglas

Gig report updates? Have you used them without subs for acoustical type shows? And how is the mid/low end compared to the 15 tops? Keep us posted.

I'm curious how the 4T would perform (coverage and sound quality) vs dsr112, srx12/15 or srx835 in the 90hz and up.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 07:22:14 PM »

Hi Tim

So what did you end up with? IG4T or IG3T.

Douglas

Gig report updates? Have you used them without subs for acoustical type shows? And how is the mid/low end compared to the 15 tops? Keep us posted.

I'm curious how the 4T would perform (coverage and sound quality) vs dsr112, srx12/15 or srx835 in the 90hz and up.

2 outside shows this weekend. Tried both Tops on Subs and Subs in the middle on a smaller show. Both times the subs (Yorkville LS801pb) ran out of gas with the tops having 6-9db's to go.  Before I had Yorkville EF500p's and they would run out before the subs.

I haven't used them alone yet. Don't have enough shows of that type to use them on at the moment.

I've pretty much always used a full range box like a Peavey SP2 - EV SXA250 - Yorkville EF500p - etc. etc. crossover set around 100hz handing off to a sub of choice for many - many years. 30 anyway.  I'll take the IG4T over any of these.  The wider coverage I thought may be an issue. I did worry about feedback from the front and reflections from close walls. Instead they seem more forgiving in this regard.  Although the coverage and output is great I really like the "sound" of the box. I can't remember when I had my FOH eq set pretty much flat from 100 to 400hz. They just sound so good in this range. The vocals just sound right.  I don't want to go back to a 15 and horn.  May sell my EF500p's. 

I'll post a few pictures. One night was in a pretty much open field. They fill the area nicely and I didn't have to push to the max. The other was in a small stage with very close speaker placement to each other. Again they did a great job. As a stand alone 1 speaker per side I am very impressed with them. Much more than I thought I would be.  Again to me they just sound great and do the job.  Glad I purchased them.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 07:22:39 PM »

2 outside shows this weekend. Tried both Tops on Subs and Subs in the middle on a smaller show. Both times the subs (Yorkville LS801pb) ran out of gas with the tops having 6-9db's to go.  Before I had Yorkville EF500p's and they would run out before the subs.

I haven't used them alone yet. Don't have enough shows of that type to use them on at the moment.

I've pretty much always used a full range box like a Peavey SP2 - EV SXA250 - Yorkville EF500p - etc. etc. crossover set around 100hz handing off to a sub of choice for many - many years. 30 anyway.  I'll take the IG4T over any of these.  The wider coverage I thought may be an issue. I did worry about feedback from the front and reflections from close walls. Instead they seem more forgiving in this regard.  Although the coverage and output is great I really like the "sound" of the box. I can't remember when I had my FOH eq set pretty much flat from 100 to 400hz. They just sound so good in this range. The vocals just sound right.  I don't want to go back to a 15 and horn.  May sell my EF500p's. 

I'll post a few pictures. One night was in a pretty much open field. They fill the area nicely and I didn't have to push to the max. The other was in a small stage with very close speaker placement to each other. Again they did a great job. As a stand alone 1 speaker per side I am very impressed with them. Much more than I thought I would be.  Again to me they just sound great and do the job.  Glad I purchased them.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »

3nd Picture

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.