ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fischer in ear stick - cable.  (Read 7796 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Fischer in ear stick - cable.
« on: July 23, 2018, 01:38:41 PM »

I like the look of this to replace my Behringer P1 headphone amp. The P1 is a great little headphone amp, good quality sound, flexible, mic stand mountable or belt attached, stereo/mono....... BUT although it fits nicely on a mic stand, it is a bit big and bulky for belt/pocket use and requires separate XLR ins for stereo. This gets clunky running stereo to the unit.
The Fischer would allow me to reduce cabling and is very discreet.

I always carry the P1 with me as a wired option for iems and it has come in handy as a spare to my wireless packs on rare occasions.

My question is this...
It offers balanced mono or unbalanced stereo input so to get stereo would I use essentially an XLR insert cable with it?. I need to get from my 2 separate XLR mix outs on the board to the one stereo XLR/TRS combo input on the Fischer.

Fischer stick
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

jesseweiss

Re: Fischer in ear stick - cable.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 02:28:44 PM »

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »

Behringer P2 is hard to come by and typically out of stock.   XLR insert cable may work but your sending an unbalanced signal on the cable so your cable length will matter.   What I have done for the drummer and Keys is cabled XLR connectors on 16 gauge mic cables and not the typical mic cables with 24 gauge. 

The signal comes out of my S16 into the xlr unbalanced to TRS insert.  The insert goes into the aux in on a Behringer HA4700 headphone amp.  Out of the back of the HA4700 I have a TRS to xlr male on a 1U panel to connect the 16 gauge xlr to the PM1.  Same foot print but shorter than the P2.  No batteries and the HA4700 has more amp power.   

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »

I also ensure to place the 4U rack on the floor to keep the artist from pulling it off the top of a stack.  They do forget and will walk away with the belt pack still connected.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »

I like the look of this to replace my Behringer P1 headphone amp. The P1 is a great little headphone amp, good quality sound, flexible, mic stand mountable or belt attached, stereo/mono....... BUT although it fits nicely on a mic stand, it is a bit big and bulky for belt/pocket use and requires separate XLR ins for stereo. This gets clunky running stereo to the unit.
The Fischer would allow me to reduce cabling and is very discreet.

If you're happy with the P1, it seems the P2 would be the natural (cheaper) option.
Or get both and let us know how the P2 compares to the Fischer!

My question is this...
It offers balanced mono or unbalanced stereo input so to get stereo would I use essentially an XLR insert cable with it?. I need to get from my 2 separate XLR mix outs on the board to the one stereo XLR/TRS combo input on the Fischer.

If I recall correctly, yes. The ground becomes the shared connection and L&R are split to the typical +/- pins. That's the same for an insert cable.

XLR insert cable may work but your sending an unbalanced signal on the cable so your cable length will matter.

With line-level signals, noise shouldn't be much of an issue at stage distances.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »

Thanks Corey.

Jerome, the stereo ins are unbalanced anyway and my cabling would be very short.

Jesse and Corey... I will look into the P2 also.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »

I have the P2 and it works very well but compared to the fisher I can not.  Compared to the powered headphone amp I have.  Headphones and IEM have different ohm ratings.  This can impact the sound when using the P2 with 88 milliwatt amps.  So not a fare comparison with the headphone amp having a greater power output.  I feel there is enough power for my needs and I have not compared with the P1.   

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 04:55:10 PM »

Should be solved in 45 days or so.

Behringer P2

Status   0 in stock
Incoming 1088:
(718) week of 9/7/18
(370) week of 9/10/18

Behringer P2 is hard to come by and typically out of stock.  . . .
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Rick Scofield

• SF Bay Area
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 07:44:33 PM »

Should be solved in 45 days or so.

Behringer P2

Status   0 in stock
Incoming 1088:
(718) week of 9/7/18
(370) week of 9/10/18

Weird that the P2 is out of stock in places. I ordered one a week ago on Amazon and got it in 3 days. Haven’t listened to it yet. Will report after this weekend usage.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 11:15:33 PM »

The drummer ordered a P2 from MF today after a conversation I had with him about it. So I'll get to check it out when it arrives. Website shows on Backorder but the rep seemed to think it wouldn't be too long for stock to come in. The difference in price between the P2 and the Fischer is significant.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 11:15:33 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.