ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley TH115 + SPL TD-1  (Read 1432 times)

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
Re: Danley TH115 + SPL TD-1
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 12:43:36 pm »

Hi Josh,

For my td-1s I built tilting yokes that hold the boxes in 'landscape' orientation and go up on sturdy stands.
Very much worth the effort.
This would also allow you to use the TH115s as a single stack, or possibly a cardioid setup.

Good health,  Weogo

I would love to fly them for more even coverage but its a mobile setup, in and out of an auditorium.

josh allman

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 08:00:54 pm »

My dad has a machine shop so I made an adjustable stand for them on top of the subs. But with some changes I could put a pole adapter on there.

I have to ask, how do you get a 130lb speaker in the air on pole stand and who makes a stand for that purpose?

Hi Josh,

For my td-1s I built tilting yokes that hold the boxes in 'landscape' orientation and go up on sturdy stands.
Very much worth the effort.
This would also allow you to use the TH115s as a single stack, or possibly a cardioid setup.

Good health,  Weogo

josh allman

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 10:27:19 pm »

My dad has a machine shop so I made an adjustable stand for them on top of the subs. But with some changes I could put a pole adapter on there.

I have to ask, how do you get a 130lb speaker in the air on pole stand and who makes a stand for that purpose?

It looks like the JBL Gas Tripod will hold 150lbs. The K&M crank says 110lbs...if I can pull it off aesthetically, just maybe.

So it gets my speaker close to 7ft in the air. Take the additional 39" from the stage, I have my speaker about 10ft off the ground. And about 70ft deep and 50ft section of seating to cover....again, aesthetics potentially in the way, I could center cluster the subs (they will be stage height almost exact). Worse case, they go on the floor in front of the mains instead of the stage.

Lots of options...I will try to sketch this up.

Rick Powell

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 12:27:29 am »

Something like a Global ST-132 would be more sturdy a stand (220 lb. rating), but at 50 lbs not as easy to lug around as the lightweights. Putting a speaker that heavy on a stand underrated or barely rated for its weight might work, but Id rather have a safety margin.

josh allman

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 10:10:09 am »

Something like a Global ST-132 would be more sturdy a stand (220 lb. rating), but at 50 lbs not as easy to lug around as the lightweights. Putting a speaker that heavy on a stand underrated or barely rated for its weight might work, but Id rather have a safety margin.

Those go a lot higher too. Didn't come across those in my searches last night, thanks

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 04:40:14 pm »

When putting a heavy speaker on a pole in a sub, the rating of the sub pole socket should be considered also.
I have seen some that aren't very well attached.
If you consider the weight and length of pole, you have a serious amount of bending potential at the sub socket.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.

josh allman

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 04:43:43 pm »

When putting a heavy speaker on a pole in a sub, the rating of the sub pole socket should be considered also.
I have seen some that aren't very well attached.
If you consider the weight and length of pole, you have a serious amount of bending potential at the sub socket.

I wouldn't be using sub poles...at least mine don't have sockets.

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 12:50:35 am »

Hi Josh,

"I have to ask, how do you get a 130lb speaker in the air on pole stand and who makes a stand for that purpose?"

My td-1s are install boxes weighing about 110# with the tilting brackets.
Two sturdy guys can get these up on stands shy of 6'.
Safer with three.

Applied Engineering AE11 stands are rated for 200# and work ok indoors on solid floors.
ST132s are nicer.
There are some budget, import lighting stands that claim 150~175 weight ratings and have pretty wide leg spreads.
Sandbags can bring peace of mind.

Good health,  Weogo

josh allman

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 12:53:36 am »

Im looking at the dura truss stands...

How is the yoke mounted to your boxes? Mine are install too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.