ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Show Cue Systems and Dante  (Read 2881 times)

Miguel Dahl

Re: Question about Show Cue Systems and Dante
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »

👍

I re-read the thead and stopped at "It is not unheard of in QLab to just use Dante to route SFX direct to the loudspeakers, bypassing the console." which is something you wrote earlier.

I'm quite new to Dante, can you give me a quick description of of this would work? Bypassing the console?

Currently I'm on an another play than the play I'll be doing ref my opening post. I'm routing 8 channels from SCS to my QL 5. How can I route this straight to the speakers? I'm using, and will be on the next play too, a RIO 3224. Can I just use the dante controller on my laptop to route my streams from my laptop straight to the 32/24?

sorry this question is maybe stupid, but I don't have time experiment/try/figure out much on my own since I'm moving to another play the day after this one has been teared down.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 11:15:09 AM »

Currently I'm on an another play than the play I'll be doing ref my opening post. I'm routing 8 channels from SCS to my QL 5. How can I route this straight to the speakers? I'm using, and will be on the next play too, a RIO 3224. Can I just use the dante controller on my laptop to route my streams from my laptop straight to the 32/24?

Yes. As I said earlier, I am not familiar with the full feature set of SCS, but QLab has audio plug ins, the ability to run multitrack files, and lots more. It is easy to run straight from the playback software to analog outs of a Rio, or any other Dante output device (or Dante capable speakers) to bypass the console completely. This is especially useful on a straight play that may not have a sound system except for SFX playback.

Mac

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 07:01:45 PM »

Yes. As I said earlier, I am not familiar with the full feature set of SCS, but QLab has audio plug ins, the ability to run multitrack files, and lots more. It is easy to run straight from the playback software to analog outs of a Rio, or any other Dante output device (or Dante capable speakers) to bypass the console completely. This is especially useful on a straight play that may not have a sound system except for SFX playback.

Mac

Thanks. I have't tried it, but I guess I maybe can route one of the laptops outputs directly to a RIO output? Anyhow, if not, then I'll figure this part out myself.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 07:01:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.