ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: DIY antenna stand question (that I can't find here)  (Read 2639 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: DIY antenna stand question (that I can't find here)
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 01:43:21 pm »

Just finished drilling two 1/2" holes in a K&M quad mic bar.

This was way to complicated for a simple piece, someone should offer this as an accessory, the demand would probably be in the low 100's. ;-)

Thanks Debbie and everyone else for the inspiration, perspiration and information, I'll report back with field testing this weekend. Antennas are 14" apart, should be enough as 1/2 a wavelength at 500 mhz is 11.23" and 9.36" for 600mhz.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w_ZCsodTnCg5ip5VpMA0FYjWZr8MLImU/view?usp=sharing

Good to hear Loren and U R welcome!...
I ought to thank you too because due to my response, it was pointed out by some members here that my antenna would work even better if placed farther apart. 
Although I had never had any drop out issues with the use of the short mount and it had improved my RF connection raising the antenna up on a stand, I had never thought about separating out the antenna.  I based that thought on the fact that the antenna on the Shure receiver are about the same distance apart as they were on my dual mic mount so I figured that was good enough.
However, it makes sense and cost me nothing to make the change so now I have started to use the longer aluminum mount I showed here based on that advice.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Lyle Williams

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 06:17:08 pm »

In engineering, "perfect" is often the enemy of "good".  :-)

Any solution needs to balance technical concerns with practicality.  While you have a practical and proven solution I would stick to it.

It at some point your current setup isn't meeting your needs, some of the factors discussed may be useful in developing a new solution.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 06:17:08 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.