ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Biamp Audiaflex Cards  (Read 4202 times)

Ben Easler

Biamp Audiaflex Cards
« on: July 10, 2018, 01:23:21 PM »

Hi All
Running a Soundcraft Performer 3 - Currently using all analog outs but I am wondering if I could use  the AES/EBU outs for my LR, Mono, Sub, and Front Fill outputs. Is there an input card for the Audiaflex that would accept these outs from my Mini Stagebox?

Robert Healey

Re: Biamp Audiaflex Cards
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 05:38:48 PM »

Hi All
Running a Soundcraft Performer 3 - Currently using all analog outs but I am wondering if I could use  the AES/EBU outs for my LR, Mono, Sub, and Front Fill outputs. Is there an input card for the Audiaflex that would accept these outs from my Mini Stagebox?

It doesn't appear that there was ever an AES card for Audia.

Does your AudiaFLEX have the CobraNet module? There are AES to Cobranet converters.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 07:06:42 PM »

Hi All

Does you audiaflex have the cobranet option?   There are plenty of AES to cobranet boxes out there.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Ben Easler

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:29:16 PM »

Does you audiaflex have the cobranet option?   There are plenty of AES to cobranet boxes out there.

Yes, It does have the Cobranet module although it isn't being used for anything currently. Can you explain how that would look and recommend a device?

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 06:36:14 PM »

The performer can accept a second card. Soundcraft has a compatible cobranet card. Would require a second cat5 cable from desk to flex.

Ben Easler

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »

The performer can accept a second card. Soundcraft has a compatible cobranet card. Would require a second cat5 cable from desk to flex.

Ah ok - well I was hoping to use the AES/EBU out from my one stagebox to handle the main outputs if possible. I am already using two stageboxes so using a different card is not possible

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:31 PM »

Yes, It does have the Cobranet module although it isn't being used for anything currently. Can you explain how that would look and recommend a device?

So I might have exaggerated with "plenty", but a BSS BLU-32, BLU-320, BLU-80, or BLU-800 loaded with a few AES input cards would do the trick.  I am sure there are similar boxes out there from media matrix as well but I have no experience with them.
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 06:14:08 AM »

I think a minibox16 might be the easiest and cheapest solution.

Ben Easler

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »

I think a minibox16 might be the easiest and cheapest solution.
I'm not sure...maybe I'm missing something but to be clear, I currently have the Performer connected to a Mini Stagebox 32i and a Mini Stagebox 32r. Currently the 32i which has 12 analog outs is in the control room at the rear of the theater to handle the stage wired inputs, 16 installed wireless mics, and the outputs which include L, C, R, Subs, Front Fills, 4 Monitor Outs, Lobby, Green Room, Assisted Listening. I was considering the possibility of moving 32r upstairs and putting the 32i on stage to move the analog outs down there with the reason being that I could potentially feed the outputs to the Audiaflex via the aes instead of the analog outs as I am doing now to save some space. Perhaps this is not really worth the hassle. It does look like Audia makes a unit that could work: https://az797264.vo.msecnd.net/assets/docs/default-source/default-document-library/audiaexpi-d-expo-d_manual-1.pdf?sfvrsn=0

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »

It does look like Audia makes a unit that could work: https://az797264.vo.msecnd.net/assets/docs/default-source/default-document-library/audiaexpi-d-expo-d_manual-1.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Good luck finding one. I was never able to source one even when cobranet was popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.