ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap DVD and Blu-ray players  (Read 871 times)

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
Cheap DVD and Blu-ray players
« on: July 06, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »

I'm wondering if I'm the only one that has experienced this:

Professional players (Denon Pro, Tascam, etc) or at least high-end consumer-ish players (Oppo, Elite, etc) that, despite their otherwise great quality, don't play certain discs that a $49 player from Wal-Mart plays.

Example (one of many similar):

Local large funeral home with a mix over the years of Denon and Tascam DVD and Blu-ray players. They have been rock solid and (important for this place) easily integrated with Qsys. They also have a cheapo Emerson Blu-ray player sitting next to the rack that they keep there to play all the discs that the pro players don't play...which is typically discs created on someone's computer with picture files and/or various types of video and media files. They always try the pro players first as they're more user friendly because of the Qsys, but if something doesn't work, they stick it in the Emerson and it always plays. Always.

So, why the heck is it that these rinky-dink players seem to play/display anything you stick into them without fail? It puts me in an awkward position with the client when trying to pitch them a pro piece of gear while their experience is that a cheap unit from the grocery store works better.

What gives? And does anyone have experience with any professional players that seem to play everything? I've used all the offerings from Denon-Pro and Tascam.

ProSoundWeb Community

Cheap DVD and Blu-ray players
« on: July 06, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.