ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Antenna stands  (Read 3197 times)

Rick Earl

Re: Antenna stands
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »

shure markets their own antenna stand s15a goes about 13 ish feet up solid base ... usually just throw 1 sandbag on it ... for something more heavy duty could look at the afore mentioned matthews stands ... search combo stand they are a lighting stand you will need to fashion some kind of spud adapter their maybe something existing not sure
I own a couple of the Shure s15A, fully extended they are a little too unsteady for my tastes. The clutches from mast section to mast section are finicky and sometimes slip.   I use them for a special mic placement,  they might be ok with a 1/2 wave antenna, but anything heavier or with a large wind profile, I think I would pass.  I am already looking to replace them with the Manfrotto.

Brad Harris

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »

Manfrotto master stands, with a sandbag

Brad

Ryan Trefethen

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 12:21:42 PM »

I own a 3 pack of the Manfrotto stands that Henry mentioned. They clip together and fit in a bag(not included) for transport. They get the height I need when it is required, light weight and solid as can be with a sand bag at the base.  It has a single mic thread at the top so I typically clamp to the pole if I want more than one antennae per stand.  I’ve seen the Shure stands at a music festival recently with one of the bands and it didn’t seem like it was nearly as solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan Trefethen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 12:21:42 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.