Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

What are you listening to? Home Theater or Stereo.

<< < (7/9) > >>

Don Lanier:
Recently rehabbed Marantz 2235 Reciever, updated caps, lamps, small parts, Altec Voice of the Theatre cabs, components rebuilt by Great Plains Audio, Sangion Digital HD Radio source and Computer filled with WAV files taken from LPs, I Have a Sound bar and sub and switch them on when watching movies, usually its music. The Voice of the Theatre's were completely stripped, reglued, additional bracing and new Backing plate for speaker with thicker ply, they sound great, its the stereo man, STEREO.

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on June 30, 2018, 05:13:13 PM ---Let’s hear it!  (groan.....)

I keep it simple with lots of value. BIC DV-64, SV Sound PB-12 sub. No center or surrounds ATM, but I do have 3x BIC center channel which I could use for those tasks. That center channel box has been called the best center channel anywhere value by a lot of people.

--- End quote ---

Erin Bloke:
I actually just use the built-in speakers that came with my LG smart tv. TV is only used on the rare ocassion that I want to watch a show when it's airing, or Netflix (pretty rare these days as well). Otherwise, I just use the websites for various networks, and put it through my bose speakers if I'm not feeling lazy.

Steve-White:
Deleted for redundancy.

Tim Padrick:
All Linn, back from my days in the biz:

Vinyl: LP12/Trampolinn/Lingo/K18II
CD: Karik/Numerik
FM: Kremlin
Control: Kairn
Power: 3x Klout
Spkrs: Kaber

Erik Jerde:
Office:  M-Audio BX5a that I inherited somewhere along the way.  Connected to my computer via USBPre2 when it's not out in the field.

Media room:  11.1 system using Klipsch 7800 THX (S & L models) for the mains, C, and surrounds.  Danley DTS-20 sub.  Mains are powered by Crown CTS 475 & 875 amps, sub by some other crown amp who's model number I forget.  Processed via a Q-Sys Core 110f with flex io8.  Cinema decoding is done by a marantz preamp processor.  Stereo sources go straight to the Q-Sys. 

Vinyl comes via an Elac Miracord 46 into a Radial J33.
Movies and digital music all come from a Plex server or a sonos setup.

The DTS-20 is pretty kick-ass.  It outperforms the full Dolby theater I was in this afternoon.  The Klipsch speakers were largely chosen due to space constraints and the fact that they are closed back models and not dependent on the stud bays for their back loading.  With a little tuning and time alignment it's all pretty nice.  Plenty loud for movies too.  I run separate processing for music and it makes for a nice listening environment too. 

Additionally there's an audio-perf cinemascope screen (center channel is beind it) with a da-lite masking system and a JVC RS series projector.  The q-sys allowed me to write software so that when I play a c-scope movie the plex server tells q-sys which then has the screen and projector automatically adjust to the correct display settings.  It's pretty rad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version