ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to? Home Theater or Stereo.  (Read 18200 times)

John L Nobile

Re: What are you listening to? Home Theater or Stereo.
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 05:23:56 PM »

Just stereo. And through headphones so that I don't bother anyone else. Sony wireless at work and AKG Bluetooth at home.

I'm spending more time in front of my computer at work so I'm listening to a lot more music. Just listened to CSNY Deja Vu. It's even better than I remembered.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 03:08:25 AM »

Nothing.  I'm a bit of an oddity amongst my musician friends.  Whilst they all have huge record collections and decent equipment to play it on, I have nothing.
I love live music but have little interest in anything recorded.

Steve.

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 10:10:00 PM »

In my basement studio for rehearsal and practice (congas) I use old SR equipment that sounds better than all my current gigging gear but is too heavy for my aging back to carry to gigs anymore. EV QRX112 speakers with Crown K1 amp, JBL PRX618XLF sub, a bunch of bales of Roxul mineral wool set up in bass trap locations. For recording and mixing I use RME Babyface, Neumann KH120 nearfields and a home made Linkwitz Thor 12" subwoofer with an Adcom GFA-555 power amp. Sounds great in the 1 foot wide sweet spot. No room in the studio for my old MixWiz or need for all those mic channels, so that is in storage and for source/monitor switching and gain control I use a Midas MR12 and iPad or Android phone to control. The MR12 actually is great for a studio, lots of TRS inputs for computer, DIs, CD, phono preamp and can adjust volume and mix remotely when I am rehearsing or practicing along with recordings recorded at different levels, tiny size, 4 balanced outs for 2 different monitors.
Thinking of getting a big plasma screen as monitor to make it into a very small home theater/workout room.
Other than that, my wife and I usually just use our computers or phones with headphones or a JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth speaker which I also use on my bike (bicycle). Not much time anymore outside work to listen to music at home. Maybe if I ever retire...

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 03:41:47 AM »

For quite some time I used two turbosound iQ8 tops and one iQ15b sub for the tv and stereo.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 07:05:55 PM »

For quite some time I used two turbosound iQ8 tops and one iQ15b sub for the tv and stereo.

More stuff than any sane person would have in a home AV system...   :)

My general mood music is from the DirecTV feed and it hits all the rooms and patio, shop.  Dual 18" JBL 2245's in a JBL MD7 sub in den, Dayton 15" powered sub at the end of hallway for bedrooms, Polk powered 12" sub in the shop.  Dbx DriveRack PA2 handles tri-amped den system, another PA2 for the tri-amped HT center,.  Ashly NE24.24 controller for the whole house system.  House system is crossed over at 120hz, patio has Polk Atrium 4's - ended up going near-field on the patio, so I can run patio heaters and fans depending upon the season and hear the TV and music ok without waking up neighbors.  42" flat panel LCD in the shop, open large outside shop door and it can be viewed from patio.

70" LED TV in den.

Main den system is still in-work, vintage stuff.  Will be 4-way sporting 4 x JBL 2245 18's in MD7 enclosures, 4 x JBL 2114 8's, JBL 2226 1" horn/lens & JBL 2404 tweets with a Ashly 4.8SP processor - Phase linear Dual-500 I had restored for bottom end, Clair Brothers PL 700 low mids, PL 300 S2 for highs and a Phase Linear A-30 for the top end.

99% of the time it's in 2ch stereo mode playing DirecTV MC music or TV.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 11:34:47 AM by Steve-White »

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 08:06:51 PM »

Den:
Onkyo HTIB and Panasonic plasma screen. Everything turns on with one button. Could use better speakers, though.

Office:
Bryston 3B ST
PMC DB1 and TLF1
Lots of OC703 and Roxul

Everywhere else:
JBL EON ONE Pro out of rental inventory. This speaker is just great for everything fun related. Jam sessions, pool parties, drunken karaoke, whatever. . .
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 05:15:22 PM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 06:00:52 AM »

Speakers: Quad ESL63
Amp: Electrocompaniet AW250R
Sub: Martin Logan Dynamo 1500x
Room correction: Lyngdorf Roomperfect RP-1. I use it mostly as a glorified sub crossover.
Preamp/USB DAC: McIntosh D100
LP: Technics 1200
Riaa preamp: PS Audio NuWave

I've assembled this system during the years and bought used, ex demo stock, trade deals etc. so it's a lot of sound for the money.
The only thing I paid full price for was the Riaa preamp.

MikeHarris

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 08:59:14 AM »

I try to avoid catching the disease we all fear...transferring our standards and values to our private space.
That said...I have a conventional 5.1 utilizing a pair of 35yr old Klipsch Heresy for l/r..and corresponding c/s/sub all Klipsch.
For the pool area and porch I have 3 BGW 750s and more Klipsch...Heresy Industrial Ported...and some all weather driven by a custom API 2520 line amp w/ variable stereo zone outputs...at present in need of a source.
Sitting upstairs un-connected is a pair of 3 panel Magneplanars...accompaning a DC300/IC150/meter thingie. Marantz tuner and Teac half track RtoR. The speakers were a gift to my friend...now deceased..by Cat Stevens..autographed

John L Nobile

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »

I listen to a lot of music all day at my desk so I just treated myself to a pair of Shure SRH1540 headphones and an XtremPro USB headphone amp. I'm loving the cans. I can wear them all day and hear things I missed with other cans without any ear fatigue.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »

At home, Altec Nineteens and a modern-ish Yamaha receiver. At the office, Klipsch Heresys on a Technics SA-500.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.