ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to? Home Theater or Stereo.  (Read 1346 times)

John L Nobile

Re: What are you listening to? Home Theater or Stereo.
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 05:23:56 pm »

Just stereo. And through headphones so that I don't bother anyone else. Sony wireless at work and AKG Bluetooth at home.

I'm spending more time in front of my computer at work so I'm listening to a lot more music. Just listened to CSNY Deja Vu. It's even better than I remembered.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 03:08:25 am »

Nothing.  I'm a bit of an oddity amongst my musician friends.  Whilst they all have huge record collections and decent equipment to play it on, I have nothing.
I love live music but have little interest in anything recorded.

Steve.

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 10:10:00 pm »

In my basement studio for rehearsal and practice (congas) I use old SR equipment that sounds better than all my current gigging gear but is too heavy for my aging back to carry to gigs anymore. EV QRX112 speakers with Crown K1 amp, JBL PRX618XLF sub, a bunch of bales of Roxul mineral wool set up in bass trap locations. For recording and mixing I use RME Babyface, Neumann KH120 nearfields and a home made Linkwitz Thor 12" subwoofer with an Adcom GFA-555 power amp. Sounds great in the 1 foot wide sweet spot. No room in the studio for my old MixWiz or need for all those mic channels, so that is in storage and for source/monitor switching and gain control I use a Midas MR12 and iPad or Android phone to control. The MR12 actually is great for a studio, lots of TRS inputs for computer, DIs, CD, phono preamp and can adjust volume and mix remotely when I am rehearsing or practicing along with recordings recorded at different levels, tiny size, 4 balanced outs for 2 different monitors.
Thinking of getting a big plasma screen as monitor to make it into a very small home theater/workout room.
Other than that, my wife and I usually just use our computers or phones with headphones or a JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth speaker which I also use on my bike (bicycle). Not much time anymore outside work to listen to music at home. Maybe if I ever retire...

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 03:41:47 am »

For quite some time I used two turbosound iQ8 tops and one iQ15b sub for the tv and stereo.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.