ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to? Home Theater or Stereo.  (Read 18118 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
What are you listening to? Home Theater or Stereo.
« on: June 30, 2018, 05:13:13 PM »

Let’s hear it!  (groan.....)

I keep it simple with lots of value. BIC DV-64, SV Sound PB-12 sub. No center or surrounds ATM, but I do have 3x BIC center channel which I could use for those tasks. That center channel box has been called the best center channel anywhere value by a lot of people.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
Re: What are you listening to? Home Theater or Stereo.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:11:23 PM »

Mine are mostly leftovers: L+R are a pair of Tannoy SRM-12B (1980 vintage) I was given by my employer many moons ago, surrounds are some odd Radio Shack speaker I got a deal on, and center is an EV EVID6.2 left over from an install. No sub, but it's a very small living room.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »

I keep it simple with lots of value. BIC DV-64, SV Sound PB-12 sub. No center or surrounds ATM, but I do have 3x BIC center channel which I could use for those tasks. That center channel box has been called the best center channel anywhere value by a lot of people.

LR Polk Monitor 10Bs, no subs, they have pretty good low end. Some kind of Polk center, and some Tannoy 4.5 monitors for surround. I've had the Polks a long time, at least 25 years, past that I don't remember. The TV has been changed a couple of times and is currently a 60" Panasonic plasma, and I'm on my second Yamaha receiver after a Sansui long ago. The new Yamaha is to get the HDMI routing since the TV is all HDMI. At the same time I added a Blu Ray player I've never used.

Mac

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 11:19:29 PM »

Listen to music mostly in my basement at the computer- Computer>SB Live>Old Teac 10 band EQ>Behringer CX2310 Xover> Carvin HD3000(sub) Optimus sub with Dayton 12" dual VC, Carvin HD1500(mains) Boston CR8's. Sounds pretty freaking good, amp were taken out of PA service a few years ago when replaced by Crowns, so might as well regulate them to my home system.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 02:08:29 AM »

No TV in my house. Both computers on my desk go through equator monitors with a presonus tremblor sub.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 02:19:04 AM »

Old standby Onkyo surround receiver into four Paradigm Titan speakers, a JBL center and a Jamo sub. I'll be swapping out the front two Titans for Paradigm Mini Mk III speakers and moving one of the Titans to the center at some point, and replacing the Jamo with a Paradigm sub when I find the correct replacement driver.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 05:10:36 AM »

Integra preamp, carver amps, infinity Kappa's up front,  smaller infinity's in the back, current sub is a SVS 4000 it is clean ans deep.  Oppo Blu ray and a new 4k Apple TV for sources.

Playing in the basement with some JBL SR-X's and a rack full of Samson amps, 120" Stewart screen and a JVC D-ILA projector.  Want to get some Danley DTS-10 sub.  Have 2 JBL Synthesis dual 15 subs that just don't get low by modern standards.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 08:29:15 AM »

Our only stereo system in the house used for movies and music is:

Tannoy 10 DMT series two monitors
Hafler DH110 preamp
Hafler DH200 power amp
Sony Blueray DVD player and an older Pioneer CD player that sounds way better playing CD's than the Sony Blueray.

I built both the Hafler units from the kits and a few years ago went through and re-capped them both.

I originally built and used the DH200 in the early 1980's to run JBL2402 bullet tweeters the sound system I had at the time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 04:33:00 PM by Mike Caldwell »

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 12:22:45 PM »

I have a powered JBL system for mix down and listening in my office.

The tv is a Yamaha surround receiver to a pair of Snell A2s, a center bar, a sub, and side & rear speakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Daniel Levi

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 01:23:00 PM »

Late 80's/early 90's Techincs SA-X900L combined tuner/amp/dual cassette with a couple of cheapo Sansui speakers with the optional Technics turntable and a old Sony CD changer.
Cost me nought and sounds relatively good.
Has an extra Aux input so useful for attaching modern gear up to it, currently a Lidl UnPNP streaming box.
Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 01:23:00 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.