ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser ASA 1 with 5 receivers  (Read 1841 times)

BradPinder

Sennheiser ASA 1 with 5 receivers
« on: June 28, 2018, 07:01:23 AM »

Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to run 5 Sennhieser G3 receivers off a single ASA1? i was thinking possibly run three units as normal (i.e. with both  and B antennas connected), then one the two other units off BNC A and B respectively with the factory antennas plugged into the other socket on each receiver. The unit on B would not get its power via the BNC cable from my understanding of the distribution. Other than the loss of true diversity on two receivers does this sound doable? Obviously a second ASA1 is the ideal solution.

thanks

Scott Helmke

Re: Sennheiser ASA 1 with 5 receivers
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 11:46:47 AM »

Not ideal, but it will work.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 04:40:46 PM »

Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to run 5 Sennhieser G3 receivers off a single ASA1? i was thinking possibly run three units as normal (i.e. with both  and B antennas connected), then one the two other units off BNC A and B respectively with the factory antennas plugged into the other socket on each receiver. The unit on B would not get its power via the BNC cable from my understanding of the distribution. Other than the loss of true diversity on two receivers does this sound doable? Obviously a second ASA1 is the ideal solution.

thanks

What's the distance and do you have line of sight? I'd be inclined to run 4 receivers from the ASA and run 1 with it's own antennea.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

BradPinder

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 06:10:51 PM »

Thanks, there is reasonable line of site; the receiver will be at a front of house sound booth about 30m from the stage, raised slightly above ground level, so should have reasonable line of site. i'd rather keep the receiver below the lip of the booth (constructed of veneered particle board) to avoid it being knocked or moved (ideally inside the rack with the other receivers); but i'll give it a go.

thanks again

Justin Goodman

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 10:06:04 AM »

I would think you'd be better served planning your 3 most important channels and running them directly from the ASA1 then doing a passive split of the 4th output into rx's # 4 and 5. 

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 10:23:31 AM »

The ASA1 has a 5th output that is antenna A.
You could use that for the 5th receiver and then a 1/4 wave stick for the B channel of the 5th receiver.
Power the 5th with a wall wart.
Not ideal but workable.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

BradPinder

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 12:01:54 AM »

Thanks for the advice, sounds like there are a few options to try.

Thomas Dameron

• SR Forums
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 02:38:59 PM »

What antennas are you using with the ASA? I'm not sure if you have a budget for it, but it's not wildly expensive to just buy another pair of passive antennas for the last unit and have 100% functionality.  Sennheiser 2003 and 1031's aren't wildly expensive. 

thomas d.

BradPinder

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 07:13:27 AM »

What antennas are you using with the ASA? I'm not sure if you have a budget for it, but it's not wildly expensive to just buy another pair of passive antennas for the last unit and have 100% functionality.  Sennheiser 2003 and 1031's aren't wildly expensive. 

thomas d.

we have a pair of 2003s, would prefer not to run any additional antennas mostly for aesthetics. us techies don't mind the look, but the untrained just wonder why we need those black flags  :)

thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 07:13:27 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.