ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two shocked at MGM National Harbor  (Read 7546 times)

Hunk Huang

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
  • Soundman and cable designer
Re: Two shocked at MGM National Harbor
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 11:26:06 pm »

This is pretty close to me so I'm following it closely. Two days ago a little girl and a employee who rescued her were shocked at the new MGM National Harbor Casino in Baltimore. The young girl is still in critical condition.

From what I can determine from watching several news outlets, there was an energized handrail which the girl grabbed and couldn't let go of. But an MGM employee was able to pull her off, and he was shocked but not seriously.

I'll contact the local AHJ, but I'm pretty sure all metal handrails have to be bonded to building ground to meet code in this county.

2 injured by electric shock at MGM National Harbor; company calls it ‘horrible accident’
By Jennifer Ortiz June 27, 2018 10:33 am
WASHINGTON — A 6-year-old girl and a man are in the hospital from injuries they suffered from an electrical shock at MGM National Harbor Tuesday night.

The incident happened at the outdoor fountain area on the west side of the building just before midnight, said Prince George’s County Fire and EMS.

As the girl was shocked, an adult male employee of the casino stepped in to help and was shocked as well.

Prince George’s County Fire and EMS said the girl went into cardiac arrest on the scene. She regained a pulse while en route to the hospital but is still unconscious.

The girl remains in critical condition and the man is expected to be OK.

In a statement Wednesday afternoon, an MGM spokesman said the area around the fountain had been closed to the public while investigators and the company’s engineers conduct a “comprehensive assessment of the situation.

MGM is “fully cooperating” with the Prince George’s County Fire and EMS Department, the spokesman said.

The statement provided to WTOP said the company was heartbroken over what it called a “horrible accident.”
WALL SCANNER is a very necessary tool when performing any unfamiliar installation environment
Soundman and cable designer

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Two shocked at MGM National Harbor
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 11:26:06 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.