ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: "Go" button for que-software  (Read 10802 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: "Go" button for que-software
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »

I was going to post about Companion in the AV section. It is just a fantastic app and as you say the primary target is Video but they have modules for sound and light stuff to and not least OSC.

Stayed up [TOO] late last night playing with my new Stream Deck with Companion and just barely scratched the surface.  Very excited about the possibiiities.  Knowing that this is an ongoing project with a number of very smart and motivated individuals continuing to develop new tools for it makes it all the cooler.

I'm now trying to wrap my head around OSC so i can roll my own controls, because no matter you make for me, i always want something else...  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 05:57:09 PM »

I, too, am waiting on a Stream Deck.

I have been using the Octopus app for a bit in my corporate AV job, primarily to make video and GFX switching & playback more seamless and repeatable from cue to cue.

Companion and Octopus look like they will open up a nice little world of possibilities for me.

Keep us posted on your progress!
--Airport Circle Sound Reinforcement, LLC--

brian maddox

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »

I, too, am waiting on a Stream Deck.

I have been using the Octopus app for a bit in my corporate AV job, primarily to make video and GFX switching & playback more seamless and repeatable from cue to cue.

Companion and Octopus look like they will open up a nice little world of possibilities for me.

Keep us posted on your progress!

yeah, the implementations with Octopus looks VERY cool.  I'm just now even thinking about scratching the surface, so i'm quite the noob to the whole thing but i'm looking forward to the possibilities.

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 10:42:34 PM »

yeah, the implementations with Octopus looks VERY cool...
The Facebook groups for each piece of kit are great for firsthand knowledge, request submission, and demoing others’ projects.

Stream Deck Users

Streamdeck for AV Technicians

Companion

Octopus

brian maddox

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 10:54:37 PM »

The Facebook groups for each piece of kit are great for firsthand knowledge, request submission, and demoing others’ projects.

Stream Deck Users

Streamdeck for AV Technicians

Companion

Octopus

All now duly bookmarked.  Thanks!

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 11:39:40 PM »

All now duly bookmarked.  Thanks!
You’re quite welcome!

Much like these forums, they have all been treasure troves of actual end user advice and ideas and the SNR is actually pretty good for something hosted on a social media platform.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 04:59:19 PM »

I'll go for the Stream deck mini. I don't have that fat hands that I actually must have a big go button.

But, what does this companion software actually do? I haven't found much relevant info about it.

Or, since I don't know what the companion can do for the streamdeck:

My main purpose for this unit is theatre. Start/pause/stop/go/arrow up/down to find cues etc. So in that setting I've used up all the 6 buttons the mini has. I know that there's some other uses for this which I don't know about. So maybe just the straight Stream Deck, with 15 buttons? I sort of don't like stuff (buttons in this case) sitting unused.

Can someone tell me why I should go for the Stream Deck, and not the Mini?

I'm using SCS as my software, currently just trigging sound, but I want to become a "one-man-army" which also do video, and maybe simple lights fro SCS, lights is just a big "maybe" though.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:35:14 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »

I'll go for the Stream deck mini. I don't have that fat hands that I actually must have a big go button.

But, what does this companion software actually do? I haven't found much relevant info about it.

Or, since I don't know what the companion can do for the streamdeck.

My main purpose for this unit is theatre. Start/pause/stop/go/arrow up/down to find cues etc. So in that setting I've used up all the 6 buttons the mini has. I know that there's some other uses for this which I don't know about. So maybe just the straight Stream Deck, with 15 buttons? I sort of don't like stuff (buttons in this case) sitting unused.

Can someone tell me why I should go for the Stream Deck, and not the Mini?

I'm using SCS as my software, currently just trigging sound, but I want to become a "one-man-army" which also do video, and maybe simple lights fro SCS, lights is just a big "maybe" though.

So, the Companion is an app that has modules made to controll equipment. It could be OSC, ASCII, HTTP request, Art Net, Telnet and ,many more. For You You would use the SCS module to get "Fire" buttons. The Mini does not have the page buttons that the big Stream Deck has so Your limited to fewer buttons. Download the Companion app and test it. You don't need to have a Stream Deck, they have built in an emulator.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 08:01:39 PM »

So, the Companion is an app that has modules made to controll equipment. It could be OSC, ASCII, HTTP request, Art Net, Telnet and ,many more. For You You would use the SCS module to get "Fire" buttons. The Mini does not have the page buttons that the big Stream Deck has so Your limited to fewer buttons. Download the Companion app and test it. You don't need to have a Stream Deck, they have built in an emulator.

If the companion has its own SCS module, I'm just gonna get the big Stream Deck without any more research, since I was sold on just the Stream Deck itself.

brian maddox

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 07:31:17 AM »

If the companion has its own SCS module, I'm just gonna get the big Stream Deck without any more research, since I was sold on just the Stream Deck itself.

Yeah, i went back and forth between the mini and the full sized and ended up just buying two big ones.

One thing that is different between them is that the mini is permanently set at an angle for tabletop use where the full sized is flat and comes with an adjustable stand for tilting.  This is handy when you want to put it somewhere on your mixer like i have on the QL5 i'm Currently working on.  Fits right next to a iPad mini on the shelf designed for a full sized tablet.

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 07:31:17 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.