ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: "Go" button for que-software  (Read 10803 times)

Lou Kohley

Re: "Go" button for que-software
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 12:28:38 PM »

Very cool!
$200 at Amazon is reasonable.

Just picked it up for $150 after tax. Interested to try it.

LOU

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 05:30:23 PM »

My $15 USB numeric keypad does an exemplary job of running carts in Q Lab and it takes up almost no room in my show bag.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 10:24:31 AM »

My $15 USB numeric keypad does an exemplary job of running carts in Q Lab and it takes up almost no room in my show bag.
Could you explain in more detail.
Thanks
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 03:14:09 PM »

Thanks. I've looked at all the options and techkeys seems to have some fun toys.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »

Thanks. I've looked at all the options and techkeys seems to have some fun toys.

Aren't Techkeys just keys, for regular keyboard?

Anyhow. The stream-deck looked like a bunch of fun. Although it's not a big ass "go button". But for rehersals I can se myself mapping "go, pause, stop, "arrow up", arrow" down to it (to find different cues) in the software I' running. But for show I'd only need a big go button, so it's between the streamdeck, and a bundle from X-keys with 2x Orby buttons and the interface. One for start and one for stop, If I stop the cue which is ongoing in my cue-software it will revert back to the start of the cue. So I can just press GO once again for the situations where the director says "Go...STOP!, we need to start again". If I need to find other cues I'd have to use the laptop itself, with the x-keys solution.

Anything I've overlooked? Are there scenarios I can "feel the need" to have more than two buttons (except for what I said about the stream-deck, go, pause etc..)

Maybe I can do both? I only have two USB 3.0 ports on my laptop, one is for Dante DVS, but maybe I can add an USB-hub to the second one and get the best of both worlds. Streamdeck and the x-buttons interface though the hub.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 05:40:36 PM by Miguel Dahl »

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 10:15:09 PM »

Aren't Techkeys just keys, for regular keyboard?

Anyhow. The stream-deck looked like a bunch of fun. Although it's not a big ass "go button". But for rehersals I can se myself mapping "go, pause, stop, "arrow up", arrow" down to it (to find different cues) in the software I' running. But for show I'd only need a big go button, so it's between the streamdeck, and a bundle from X-keys with 2x Orby buttons and the interface. One for start and one for stop, If I stop the cue which is ongoing in my cue-software it will revert back to the start of the cue. So I can just press GO once again for the situations where the director says "Go...STOP!, we need to start again". If I need to find other cues I'd have to use the laptop itself, with the x-keys solution.

Anything I've overlooked? Are there scenarios I can "feel the need" to have more than two buttons (except for what I said about the stream-deck, go, pause etc..)

Maybe I can do both? I only have two USB 3.0 ports on my laptop, one is for Dante DVS, but maybe I can add an USB-hub to the second one and get the best of both worlds. Streamdeck and the x-buttons interface though the hub.

If you get a StreamDeck, search for a new open-platform program that goes with it called "Companion", which adds tremendous power to the unit.  i Had it shown to me on a show a few days ago and based on what i saw i bought TWO StreamDecks on Black Friday [they were going for 99 bucks, so it was  a no brainer].  Companion is still focused primarily on Video applications, but there are modules for QLab and Reaper and they're working on Modules for the Yamaha QL/CL series as well as other Audio uses.

I'll keep you posted on my experience.  My StreamDecks come tomorrow, and i'll be using them extensively over several shows i've got over the next couple of weeks.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 02:36:54 AM »

they're working on Modules for the Yamaha QL/CL series.
Interesting!
If you don't feel like waiting, YammieQ can control most of the Yamaha consoles, and triggers can be keystrokes, which I believe the StreamDeck can be programmed to send?

I'll keep you posted on my experience.  My StreamDecks come tomorrow, and i'll be using them extensively over several shows i've got over the next couple of weeks.
Be interested to hear how you like them. Might get one myself, seems like an interesting product! Can you change the graphics in real-time? Setting it up as additional UDKs that give visual feedback when active or change their names to match the function might be interesting!
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 09:31:01 AM »

Interesting!
If you don't feel like waiting, YammieQ can control most of the Yamaha consoles, and triggers can be keystrokes, which I believe the StreamDeck can be programmed to send?
Be interested to hear how you like them. Might get one myself, seems like an interesting product! Can you change the graphics in real-time? Setting it up as additional UDKs that give visual feedback when active or change their names to match the function might be interesting!

My upcoming show i'm going to experiment with adding UDKs.  I do know that i can use YammieQ as well and i'll be investigating possibilities there as well.

I'll see how the graphics change in real-time.  i'm not sure that they offer feedback on button "state" natively, but i think the companion software does add that capability.  Either option gives you multiple pages of buttons that can be scrolled through with excellent visual feedback of where you are which i like.

Perhaps the thing that is most valuable about the Companion software is that it works directly to control whatever software/hardware it is controlling so that the software doesn't have to have "Keyboard Focus" in order for the trigger to activate.  For computers doing multiple functions simultaneously, which mine always are, this is huge, so i'm looking forward to working with them.

My first StreamDeck comes today.  i'll be sure to add details to this thread, or perhaps start a new one once i've fiddled with it some.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 05:21:05 AM »

A while ago I actually made up some little plans for making my own little set of buttons, but never worked it through to completion.

My plan was to get two little MIDI controller circuit boards and build them inside a little enclosure with some arcade buttons fitted to the front. a big green triangle button for go, a red square button for stop, and some buttons for fade out, skip forward, skip back etc.

The buttons would just trigger midi commands from the circuit board, and they would be mapped to functions using midi inside SCS (or q-lab).

The idea of having 2 midi controllers was that each button would be wired to both, and so the control box could be connected to two PCs simultaneously, providing an in sync back up should the main PC/Laptop crash.

All parts are readily available and pretty cheap to buy, and I was gonna use

https://www.schaeffer-ag.de

to make the overall enclosure, cnc cut holes for the buttons and engraving for the labels etc, just never got round to it.

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 08:59:12 AM »

If you get a StreamDeck, search for a new open-platform program that goes with it called "Companion", which adds tremendous power to the unit.  i Had it shown to me on a show a few days ago and based on what i saw i bought TWO StreamDecks on Black Friday [they were going for 99 bucks, so it was  a no brainer].  Companion is still focused primarily on Video applications, but there are modules for QLab and Reaper and they're working on Modules for the Yamaha QL/CL series as well as other Audio uses.

I was going to post about Companion in the AV section. It is just a fantastic app and as you say the primary target is Video but they have modules for sound and light stuff to and not least OSC.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 08:59:12 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.