ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen and Heath qu 16 fader failure?  (Read 1810 times)

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
Allen and Heath qu 16 fader failure?
« on: June 19, 2018, 11:31:27 PM »

We just got in a bunch of Allen and Heath qu 16.  One of them has glitched badly.

At some point the motors stopped moving the faders and switching fader functions changes the new selection to the old positions. 

For example, with all but one ch down, switch to master graphic on faders.  All of a sudden your master EQ is all max down except the ONE ch that is up, that frequency will now feed back since it is boosted.

After this happens you can't switch fader functions with out messing up what you switch to.
And doing some research this was a common failure without a solution.  Any one else deal with this or find a trigger?

We are on the most recent firmware and will be contacting A&H.  Just looking for other solutions.

Tom

I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Mike Monte

• My website
Re: Allen and Heath qu 16 fader failure?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 12:06:21 AM »

We just got in a bunch of Allen and Heath qu 16.  One of them has glitched badly.

At some point the motors stopped moving the faders and switching fader functions changes the new selection to the old positions. 

For example, with all but one ch down, switch to master graphic on faders.  All of a sudden your master EQ is all max down except the ONE ch that is up, that frequency will now feed back since it is boosted.

After this happens you can't switch fader functions with out messing up what you switch to.
And doing some research this was a common failure without a solution.  Any one else deal with this or find a trigger?

We are on the most recent firmware and will be contacting A&H.  Just looking for other solutions.

Tom

Did you have the option of mixing on an iPad?  Was it the same while mixing on an iPad??

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:25:48 AM »

Good suggestion on the using the iPad to see if responds the same.

Maybe try doing a hard full reset.
Try running it on the previous firmware version.

Does it do it right away or after it has been running for a while?

Is it connected to a network or router, if so try disconnection it.

Allen Heath has an active discussion forum on their website under "digital community"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:41:29 AM by Mike Caldwell »

Lyle Williams

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 04:11:03 PM »

If it has just come in, treat it as a warranty issue and have the seller find a solution.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 07:53:34 PM »

If it has just come in, treat it as a warranty issue and have the seller find a solution.

Yes, if it was new out of box bad or even just a week old your dealer needs to get you a new one on the way.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 07:53:34 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.