ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lowering low frequency noise n stage  (Read 3928 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Lowering low frequency noise n stage
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 09:16:06 PM »

Hi Guys,
Attached is the stage I am talking about.  My goal is to provide the best sound for both the audience and the musicians and to be a good neighbor.  Hence the leaning towards cardioid subs.

I know that from a practical matter a couple speakers on sticks is more than adequate to entertain. But I learn a lot more if I go with aux fed subs and matrix mixes and learning about phase and timing issues at the crossover points and the hundred other issues that can help fine tune a system.  It helps me a lot when I play guest sound guy for some of the local venues here in Black Mountain.

My other concern is monitor speakers.  At this point I am using 2 way 12" QSC's as monitors.  Considering going to a Hotspot type setup.  I remember using them in the early 80's, but was wondering if there is a really good sounding small monitor speaker these days.  Where would be the appropriate place to get some good input regarding monitor choices.

Thanks to all the people that make this forum a great place to learn.

Kenny Phillips

Kenny, same idea on a bigger scale, before the LED walls were hung in the left/right bays...

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Kenny Phillips

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 08:51:11 AM »

Here in Black Mountain, NC we have a brewery with outdoor stage.  That's where I pilfered the design. ;)
Kenny

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 08:51:11 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.