ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hearing Loop Questions  (Read 2769 times)

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
Hearing Loop Questions
« on: June 18, 2018, 04:23:44 PM »

So...

Gotta venue that may want us to install a loop system. I've worked with them before during new construction (under flooring, replacing when flooring dude cuts through it, etc). This place is finished. It's on a slab with expensive marble flooring that they aren't about to rip up. Running anything around the base of the room isn't an option as they don't want to see it. Base trim doesn't look like it will come off without damaging it.

There is attic access above the room. My question is: has anyone ever run a loop conductor around the perimeter of the ceiling? This room has a vaulted ceiling that is about 10' at the outside walls and 16' or so at the peak.

Any ideas would be welcomed. I go to meet with them next week.

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
Re: Hearing Loop Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 05:48:02 PM »

What’s the length and width of the room? Those heights of ceilings should not pose a big problem...the 10’ end is closer to ear height than running at floor level, and even the 16’ peak isn’t much further. You might even get away with a perimeter loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »

What’s the length and width of the room?

Approximately 60x60ft. The attic is wide open (I've been up there before doing other work) and getting the loop to encompass the seating area shouldn't be a problem.

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 09:52:23 AM »

Do you need to control overspill? Are there rooms attached that would be affected by the loop signal spilling into then? If not then a perimeter loop will work fine. Just get yourself a good loop tester to make sure you are outputting a decent signal. I use Signet loop amplifiers. Here you can download a calculator to determine which amp you need

http://signet-ac.co.uk/working-it-out/

Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 10:09:00 AM »

Overspill is not likely an issue.

Thanks for the link!

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »

Overspill is not likely an issue.

Thanks for the link!

Why not just do an RF system with Neck loops?
https://www.listentech.com/shop/product/neck-loop/

There are bound to be people without hearing aids that need hearing assistance as well.

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 11:18:06 PM »

There are bound to be people without hearing aids that need hearing assistance as well.

I had considered this and was planning on proposing this as well. They seem pretty dead set on a loop, although I have no idea why.

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 11:21:18 PM »

Over here loop systems are in every church and public building. They are incredibly handy. Especially for older people, they don’t have to wear anything. Their hearing loop just automatically picks up the signal as soon as they are in range.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »

There is great reluctance on the part of those who *need* to use these systems to acquire and return venue/show specific ALS hardware.

There are also ADA requirement for full assistance kits of receivers and earphones, regardless of the method - RF, induction, IR.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.